2520 - Rear Remotes Added

/ 2520 - Rear Remotes Added #1  

lincolnvt

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 JD 2520
Hopefully this thread adds to the discussion and benefits others in regards to additional hydraulics on the 2520. I want to thank Kennyd for his posts and help on this project as well as jimgerken and his excellent post on adding rear remotes. I utilized the JD Power Beyond kit which has been detailed before - the only thing I want to add/clarify is that from the back of the tractor the rear most port is pressurerized flow from the pump and needs to go into the valve at IN and the port toward the front is the return to tank which is coming from OUT on the valve (see pic rear hydraulic hoses below) I used this valve Surplus Center Item Detail
and designed a mount with my neighbor - bolting it on using two of the ROPS bolts (make sure they thread all the way through the fixed nuts on the underside of the fender!) I mounted the valve and then the fun began - trying to get the right fittings to connect the hoses from power beyond and the quick connects for the work ports on the valve. I found the document below discussing thread sizing helpful (see threadprofiles.pdf below). I utilized pioneer 1/4in quick connects (female) on the valve x4 with dust covers. Primed and painted after testing for leaks and there you have it. Just waiting for cylinders for TnT and should be good to go. Also considering running lines up to a grapple. Feel free to ask questions and if I can't help then I am sure Kenny or Jim will jump right in.

Cheers,
Brad

Attachments

• rear hydraulic hoses.JPG
    rear hydraulic hoses.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,641
  • IMG_4790.jpg
    IMG_4790.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_4783.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1,241
  • IMG_4784.jpg
    IMG_4784.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4785.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 902
  • IMG_4786.jpg
    IMG_4786.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 861
  • IMG_4787.jpg
    IMG_4787.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_4788.jpg
    IMG_4788.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 821
  • IMG_4789.jpg
    IMG_4789.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_4794.jpg
    IMG_4794.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,146
  • threadprofiles.pdf
    118.5 KB · Views: 790
   / 2520 - Rear Remotes Added #2  
Nice looking job Brad!:D

/ 2520 - Rear Remotes Added #3  
Real nice Job ! looks real professional and yes I would love to have a TnT or grapple capability - Do you have a backhoe and which ports would it connect to now? does it interfere?

again real nice work !

Duc

/ 2520 - Rear Remotes Added #4  
Very nice indeed.

Your valve looks smaller than the one jdbower used. His was the Prince 2-spool valve (part number RD522GCGA5A4B1).
Any specific reason you chose this valve? I would like to do the same thing.
Will any of this interfere with the installation of a backhoe? I'm in the process of installing the powerbeyond kit now.
The bh will have to come next year..

I like that nice big toolbox. I need one. :)

Thanks for the write up and pictures...

/ 2520 - Rear Remotes Added #5  
Great Job Brad. :) You will be able to get alot done with that
set up. I plan on doing the same thing. I need to get of my back side
and get it done. Kenny has already gave me detail instructions on what i need to do. I just need to find time to do it....;)

Chris....:)

/ 2520 - Rear Remotes Added
Thanks guys:
Duc - I thought about the backhoe question or use of the straight power beyond - with this set up I would disconnect the power beyond to the valve and attach to the back hoe or other log splitter if that is what was required. You could run it so you wouldn't have to disconnect but I didn't at this point b/c I don't need the straight power beyond. Skip - I have bolted the tool box support bracket and the support for the valve so they can be moved / modified etc if necessary down the road. The backhoe would require the removal of the tool box but I believe the valve would be out of the way - maybe not. I chose the valve b/c it had the capacity I needed (5gpm) and I felt two remotes was enough. kennyd recommended it in his post so I knew it would be good. Also, I had a tight space to work in - wanted the operation of the tractor to stay the same and wanted to be able to run the power beyond up behind the seat to the valve behind the toolbox. I didn't need other features from the valve. I would be happy to help you with your install just as others have helped me. Just let me know if you have questions.
Chris - get to work buddy! I can't wait to see your install I'm sure it will be great. Which valve are you using?

Cheers,
Brad

/ 2520 - Rear Remotes Added #7  
lincolnvt said:
Chris - get to work buddy! I can't wait to see your install I'm sure it will be great. Which valve are you using?

Cheers,
Brad

I suppose i will use the same one you and Kenny are useing it seems
work well for yall , I have even less space to deal with , than you guys
do....:( remember i got a backhoe seat to work around.....:rolleyes:
But i will get it on there some how...;)

Chris....:)

/ 2520 - Rear Remotes Added #10  
Thanks for the quick reply Kenny. :)
I'm new with the hydraulic business.
I was a bit concerned because I didn't see it stated that it was a flow through valve.
I suppose that was the adjustable relief controls?

Single lever would be cool to be different....
Weighs 7lbs..

Last edited: