Thanks to All for Help with TNT

/ Thanks to All for Help with TNT #1  

daBear

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800
Just finished up with my L2800 Kubota TNT installation. The cylinders are from Carter and Carter, joystick from Surplus Hydraulics, fittings and hoses from a local hydraulic shop. About $1250 all total vs $1900 from my dealer for an aftermarket install. Works great and can not imagine doing without it after just a couple of days.

I cut the bracket above the 3pt control where the Draft Control would go and put the joystick right there. I decided not go put quick disconnects in at this time and may add that later if needed. The local hydraulic shop ran 3/8" hose from the port shown in the first thumbnail to the valve, then 1/4" lines to each cylinder.

Attachments

• P2070020.JPG
    P2070020.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 503
  • P2070022.JPG
    P2070022.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 536
  • P2070023.JPG
    P2070023.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 482
  • P2070016.JPG
    P2070016.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 447
  • P2070021.JPG
    P2070021.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 410
  • P2070017.JPG
    P2070017.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 420
  • P2070018.JPG
    P2070018.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 434
   / Thanks to All for Help with TNT #2  
Why did you run the 90* the way you did on both the cylinders? It looks like you could have taken the loops out of the hoses if you would have turned them about 180*.

/ Thanks to All for Help with TNT #3  
That Joystick looks pretty close to the seat- no problem moving it sideways?

Nice job mounting it and all.

/ Thanks to All for Help with TNT
Joystick does fine where it is and has its full range of movement which is not a whole lot.

The hoes were run the way they were to allow full range of movement without kinking. Actually, the local hydraulic shop ran them that way. We discuss it and they tried moving everything back and forth and decided to do it that way.

/ Thanks to All for Help with TNT #5  
That is a very neat and tidy install;) I love the way the joystick is mounted.

/ Thanks to All for Help with TNT #6  
Would you happen to have the part-no and where you got that joystick? I'd like to look in to that.

Thanks-

Would you happen to have the part-no and where you got that joystick? I'd like to look in to that.

Thanks-

Certainly, Surplus Center Hydraulics Part number 9-7401, 2 spool, 10 gpm, compact joystick. Also when I was ordering my cylinders from Carter and Carter I asked about their joystick. They said they would have to sell me the same thing for more and to go to the Surplus Center and get this one. Now that was very professional of them. C&C must be a top notch outfit.

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

/ Thanks to All for Help with TNT #8  
Looks great- Is the float on the front/back, and your top-link then?

Looks great- Is the float on the front/back, and your top-link then?

Not sure I understand the question. When I want the box blade to float I push the 3pt lever all the way down as usual. The top link cylinder is a double piloted check valve type and does not move at all when set. Which prevents hydraulic creep.

I do have the A side of the valve controlling the top link, but like I said the cylinder will not move when set.

/ Thanks to All for Help with TNT #10  
One of the spools on the joystick valve has a "float" detent-just like your FEL does...He is asking what cylinder have hooked to that spool-the TOP or the TILT?