Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings?

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #1  

Brandon1107

Tractor
Kubota M8540
New CCM toplink is here and the fittings that adapt from the DPOCV to 1/2" pipe thread seem to need seals or o-rings on the DPOCV side. The threads on the valve side are shorter than pipe threads and have a bevel at the nut. The adapters were screwed in handy and they bottom out. I did not find any o-rings in the box so I am stumped.:confused: I am planning on hooking this up when the sun comes up, but I might need to head to the farm store first.:confused2:

Thanks In Advance

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #2  
New CCM toplink is here and the fittings that adapt from the DPOCV to 1/2" pipe thread seem to need seals or o-rings on the DPOCV side. The threads on the valve side are shorter than pipe threads and have a bevel at the nut. The adapters were screwed in handy and they bottom out. I did not find any o-rings in the box so I am stumped.:confused: I am planning on hooking this up when the sun comes up, but I might need to head to the farm store first.:confused2:

Thanks In Advance

I too was concerned about that when my CCM HTL arrived. I also noticed two "gaskets" in the box. They fit perfectly where you are thinking an o-ring goes. One of them was broken so I called CCM. It turns out those "gasekts" were just used to prevent paint from getting on the fitting surface -- they are meant to be thrown away.

As far as the o-rings? Well, the CCM HTL does not use any. Those fittings you are looking at just seal metal-on-metal. If you look closely, there is a slight chamfer on them. Just tighten them down and you will be on your way. Seemed weird to me, but mine has been working flawlessly since I put it in operation three or four months ago.

One thing though, since it is a metal-on-metal seal, there isn't going to be any compression when you tighten those fittings down. You need to tighten them, but there won't be a lot of turning once contact is made.

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings?
Thank you very much!

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #4  
No problem. Glad I could help.

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #5  
Yes, they are BSPP threads, and require a washer and a O-ring

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #6  
Yes, they are BSPP threads, and require a washer and a O-ring

Not according to CCM. I called them and they said no washer, o-ring or anything else was requried.

Now, I will say that they told me they had a change in fittings. I don't recall what CCM said they used to be... and I don't know what CCM called the "new" style, but they did state no washers/o-rings or anything else was required. This seemed odd to me so I made sure we were clear on this.

All I remember is that they were NOT a tapered thread.

I would be interested to hear from others on this. I sure thought it was strange that no washers were used but CCM sure said that none were needed.

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #7  
The more looking I do on the web (in regards to fittings -- not specific to CCM) seems to validate KennyD (not that I am doubting anyone here). Could CCM be giving out the wrong info?

I tried calling CMM again and they are out to lunch. I will try again later.

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings?
Well I did not use anything, I was actually headed to the machine shop when I got the reply on my phone so I turned around. I picked up a round bale and no leaks!

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #9  
Well I did not use anything, I was actually headed to the machine shop when I got the reply on my phone so I turned around. I picked up a round bale and no leaks!

Well, that is good.

I do worry I am passing bad info though. I want to get to the bottom of this. I currently am using no washers/o-rings on my fittings and have not had any leaks, but want to know why CCM told me not to use any. Like I said, it was very weird to me when they said to not use any washers... but I just figured they knew better than me...

I will call them back after lunch and let everyone know what they say. When I called, one guy answered the phone but could not help. He said a few guys were out to lunch and would be back in an hour... but he also said another couple of guys were out of the country on business and would be back on Monday. It sounded like the guys out of the country are the ones who I might need to talk to. It was hard to understand due to the deep TN accent.

/ Do CCM DPOCV Fittings Require O-rings? #10