Briggs & Stratton’s New Snow Blower Engines
MILWAUKEE, September 20, 2012 — Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) has introduced two new snow blower engines for the upcoming winter season.
Four out of five consumers who bought a snow blower in 2011 felt that it is “extremely important” to have a snow blower that’s easy to start according to PowerPulse, an annual consumer survey on outdoor power equipment. The new Briggs & Stratton 750 Series and 950 Series engines are built with a freeze-resistant recoil starter and a Magnetron electronic ignition to deliver quick, reliable starts time after time.
Of the 405 consumers surveyed, more than one in three snow blower buyers choose Briggs & Stratton as their most preferred brand of snow engine — over twice the preference of the second most selected brand.
“The new 750 Series and 950 Series snow engines have the necessary power to cut through wet, heavy snow,” said J.P. Benjamins, product marketing manager for Briggs & Stratton. “We wanted to make snow clearing an easier task for consumers. Briggs & Stratton has built a really durable engine with great convenience features such as a mitt-grip handle for easier starting and an extra-large fuel tank for more running time. These engines will help deliver on that promise.”
The 750 Series and 950 Series engines deliver 7.5 ft. lbs. and 9.5 ft. lbs. of gross torque power*, more than enough to clear a snow-filled driveway or sidewalk. Here are some key attributes of the new engines:
750 Series and 950 Series
- Built with dual ball bearings and a Dura-Bore(TM) cast iron cylinder sleeve to reduce engine wear.
- Equipped with large, easy to use controls and a mitt-grip handle for quick, easy starts.
- A large capacity, 3.2 quart fuel tank for extended running time.
- Available with an optional 110-volt electric starter to make starting even easier.
950 Series – Optional Packages
- Easy Starting Package: includes 1-2-3 Starting Labels and a key switch to make starting easier.
- Professional Series(TM) Package: includes variable speed control, a fuel shutoff switch, an extended oil drain and a high-oil fill for added convenience.
The 750 Series engine will be available on Murray snow blowers sold at Walmart, as well as Simplicity and Snapper snow blowers sold at power equipment dealers. The Polar Force by Briggs & Stratton engine (based on the 950 Series) will be available on Ariens snow blowers sold at The Home Depot and power equipment dealers. The 750 Series and 950 Series are part of a full line of snow blower engines made by Briggs & Stratton, backed by more than 100 years of engineering experience.
* As rated in accordance with SAE J1940.