Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out!

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #1  

TSO

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1652 HST Cab
Found this on Craigslist. I've been wanting a heavier/bigger blade for grading my driveway & street a little more efficiently. We ended up doing a trade (+ a little cash to me :cool: ) for my 72" back blade & 66" box blade. I've gotta say though, this 8' blade is friggin heavy! It's built like it came off a WWII Destroyer! And, it grades like a dream. I was a little worried at first that it would be oversized for my tractor, but it's no problem. I'm able to easily grade with it in M gear. Now it just needs a paint job :thumbsup:

9-17-13 tim 046.jpg

9-17-13 tim 048.jpg

9-17-13 tim 049.jpg

9-17-13 tim 051.jpg

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #2  
That is a
NICE blade!! I like the fact that the "pitch" is adjustable as well. You have some very nice mods to your tractor as well love the rear tool box!! just needs a couple of short pieces of 1" pipe tacked on vertically for various pin storage,, then they are easy to find and one doesn't have to be rooting round in the tool box looking for them saving precious room in the toolbox for snacks!! LOL Nice clean sharp looking unit! can't wait to see the blade all painted up!

Cheers

Roger
Roger

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #3  
Too right that is a beast!

Congrats, man!

Would it be presumptious of me to assume that you have the much-vaunted Top, Tilt, and Turn (or whatever combo)?

Again, congrats,
Thomas

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #4  
I love the trailer receiver on the end. Love the whole thing actually, very nice blade. Good deal and congrats!

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #5  
When can we expect the mod thread where you add power angle using the LS rear remotes!:laughing:

Nice blade.:thumbsup:

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #6  
Nice!

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #7  
I do believe there is some steel in that puppy! I have never seen one like it.

James K0UA

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #8  
Wow!!! And looks like some brand spankin' new rear tires too! That blade probably weighs half as much or more than my tractor.

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out! #9  
Are you just spraying it with what is handy? Or are you going to color match to the LS Blue? I've seen it said that Rustoleum Sail Blue is a perfect match to the LS blue.

/ Picked up a new (to me) back blade... check this thing out!
Lol definitely some steel in this baby. Brand name is the Servis Company.

----
I actually would like to add a t'n't kit at some point!

----
Those tires are still new, only 105 hours on 'em!

----
There's a blue rust coat paint that I'll probably use first... It's a bit darker but it bonds really well to older painted metal like this. Then there's a rattle can enamel that I've found to be really close from my local farm store.

It won't be perfect, but the prep will just require a power wash.