Lets talk snowblowers!!

/ Lets talk snowblowers!! #1  

js5020

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510, Kubota BX23S, AC5020, JDx300R
Ok guys , here's the question which Gravely snow blower is the best? I currently have a squareshoot and it works ok but it's a real pain switching the shoot back and forth, then quite often the impeller will freeze to the back of the housing while switching. The other "complaint" I have is it seems to take a lot of HP to run it. I'm thinking about upgrading to one of the newer ones, and when I do I want to buy the best one. Thoughts, opinions?????

/ Lets talk snowblowers!!
Helloooooo,,,,,,,,,,, is anybody in here? Did everyone switch to a rider again?????? Mention a little snow,,,,, and eveyone bails to Florida. OK WAKE UP haha... Seriously guys which was the better blower, better does not necessarily mean throwing distance,,, ease of use, durability, parts availability, works in all conditions that kinda stuff. I know some of ya gotta have an opinion. What do ya think??????

Wow guys,,,,where is everyone????? I really don't want to start conversing with myself but it's been like 2 days and no responses?? Well maybe no one uses a blower on their Gravely, I know Ya all went and bought one of those JD X748's diesel, 47" blower, 60" mower, loader, hard cab spent the better part of 15K and put the 2 wheeler in the shed to collect dust. Right??

/ Lets talk snowblowers!! #4  
I'd like to help but have no knowledge of the equipment you are asking about.:D :D

/ Lets talk snowblowers!! #5  
Try asking what kind of oil is the best to use in a Gravely snowblower. That may get an opinion or two.

Thanks Egon,,,, Tig a question like that just might start a very heated discussion lasting for days!

/ Lets talk snowblowers!! #7  
Hi! I have the older Open side snowblower It work very well never block in wet snow. I think the newer are better. The Gravely snowblowers are THE BEST on two wheeler. Why! first large impeller with good speed. large output with minimum restriction. I know two guys They tell me their snowblower overperform any TORO or ARIENS ETC. I put some pics on TBN last winter. Mine it is not the better But we have very few snow for many years now. I use my snowblower just 3 times last winter. Good luck ! Oldmech

/ Lets talk snowblowers!! #8  
I have had a Gravely Convertible with a M210 and now have a 24" snowthrower on my BCS 835. Well that BCS 14 hp can really throw the snow and it is has a stainless chute. But like it best if they just sit in the shed and do not have to use them. Just nice knowing they are there for the big one.

/ Lets talk snowblowers!! #9  
Probably just too early in the season. Now that we have snow the question resumes. I have the round chute snowblower. The reel has a clutch and the impeller appears to be made of a cast metal rather than stamped. Nothing has stopped the progress on our 300' gravel drive. Yeah, I have a Kubota L-3130 with a 7' backblade but there is little that can bring the true pleasure of watching that huge white plume on the sunny day after the storm. Terrific photo-op.

Actually the only complaint I have with the square shoot is only being able to shoot the snow to the left or the right. The build of the unit is about as simple as it gets and it takes less than an hour to completly disassemble if repairs are needed. Parts are not a problem, I just buy more blowers and part them, been able to get 2 or 3 for the price of a 210 blower. Maybe the best option here is to fab up a chute for what I have.