Bcs TO Gravely

/ Bcs TO Gravely #1  

oldmech

Gold Member
Tractor
Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel
I Would like use (Dream) the very good Old Gravely implements on BCS tractors. I seen on Gravely website The new Gravely Rapid -M This one can take some old Gravely implements via adaptor 785107.
I would like know the BCS PTO Specs. As ROTATION SIDE Front pto CCW or CW . Speed Size of splinned shaft . I dont know if the Gravely adaptor can fit on BCS . Thanks OLDMECH

/ Bcs TO Gravely #3  
I think I read something about this before and IF I remember correctly the pto runs in reverse of each other.

/ Bcs TO Gravely #4  
Hey old,, the BCS turns in the same direction as a standard farm tractor pto, hence they have a pto shaft adaptor as an available attachment, the Gravely as you know spins ccw looking at the nose.

/ Bcs TO Gravely
Hi! You are right. Rotation on our Old Gravely are CCW and CW for BCS. Bad thing! Tomorrow I get a Picture of one BCS Look tiller gearing and rotation tines side . On GRAVELY RAPID-M I dislike The hydro because NO DIFFERENTIAL (two HYDRO MOTORS) So you must ALL time turn handles for drive as AWS zero-turn. Hard to go on line I Dislike. I Like my OLD GRAVELY. Thanks EveryBody for your help Oldmech

Attachments

• bcstransmission.jpg
    bcstransmission.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,488
   / Bcs TO Gravely #6  
oldmech said:
Hi! You are right. Rotation on our Old Gravely are CCW and CW for BCS. Bad thing! Tomorrow I get a Picture of one BCS Look tiller gearing and rotation tines side . On GRAVELY RAPID-M I dislike The hydro because NO DIFFERENTIAL (two HYDRO MOTORS) So you must ALL time turn handles for drive as AWS zero-turn. Hard to go on line I Dislike. I Like my OLD GRAVELY. Thanks EveryBody for your help Oldmech
There might be a way to do it if you feel up to doing some modification work. Gravely used a PTO clutch and gearbox on the 32H mower that changed the rotation. They had to do it because the Yanmar Diesel flywheel output was wrong for the direction of the mower. You would have to mount something like a front attachment drive to connect it up though.

/ Bcs TO Gravely #7  
oldmech said:
I Would like use (Dream) the very good Old Gravely implements on BCS tractors.

If you have an older BCS tractor, then you can get a BCS spline PTO to 3-dog PTO adaptor.

If you have a newer BCS tractor, with the 3-dog PTO, then it shouldn't be that hard for a machinist to make something to directly drive Gravely implements with your BCS.

That being said... there are three issues:

1) BCS PTO rotates in the opposite direction of the Gravely PTO. This shouldn't be an issue with the sicklebar mower. Rotary mowers could be used, if you sharpened the back side of the blade. I'm not sure about what other Gravely implements could be run in 'reverse'.

2) BCS PTO rotates around 990 RPM at full throttle. Gravely PTO rotates at 1300 RPM in high gear and 937 RPM in low gear at full throttle.

3) The center of the BCS PTO is a different distance above the ground than the center of the Gravely PTO. This will change your angle of attack of your implement, if you are doing a direct drive adaptor.

If you can make your own gears, then you could fix all three of these problems. And maybe make a few extra to sell to those (myself included) that have BCS and Gravely equipment.