Caeb Mini Baler?

/ Caeb Mini Baler? #1  

daycab

Tractor
JD 955
I'm considering purchasing a mini baler for my BCS 850. Iwill be making hay on about 5 acres, with multiple cuttings on a 1 acre alfalfa field. Has anybody used this machine? As usual, the cost factor comes into play. For about the same money, I can buy a used 55 HP tractor and square baler. Thanks!

/ Caeb Mini Baler? #2  
I love my BCS but if you have the room and can get a good used 55 HP tractor, and necessary equipment to produce square bales I would go that way. Five acres seems to me to be a lot of area for a walk beind tractor. I have never used a baler but don't you need to cut, windrow, and then bail?

I am lazy so when I can use my regular tractor I do so. My BCS is used in the enclosed areas where there is not enough room for a larger tractor.

/ Caeb Mini Baler? #3  
Hi Daycab,

I stumbled across this video of the caeb baler in operation on youtube. It looks like it'd be fun to operate :rolleyes: but I'd pry find a ride-on tractor and baler like you mentioned. Five acres is a LOT of ground to cover.

YouTube - L'imballatrice

/ Caeb Mini Baler? #5  
Hi Messick,

That looks like an interesting setup. Quite a way to increase the value of a 273 to the power of 10. I think daycab is looking to make full size bales for feeding animals, not novelty bales for sale to city folk. the Caeb baler makes 50 lb bales but they're round, not square. Daycab would be better off with an unmolested 273 for $1000.

/ Caeb Mini Baler? #7  
I haven't used a Caeb but do own a Star mini baler and love it. I do about 8-12 acres per year behind a 25 hp JD. The mini round bales are tight, easy to handle, stack, and feed out.
I got mine from tractorconnection.com. If nothing else, check it out just so you know what's out there and for what price.
Eldon