Gravely vs Grillo

/ Gravely vs Grillo #1  

oldmech

Gold Member
Tractor
Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel
Hi! I like my Gravely Diesel The transmission is a MASTERPIECE OF ENGINEERING . Gravely are Best for Snowblowing and all Mowing works . But fronts implements are not the best ideas for gardening. Tractor and you walk on your work. No good! Compaction and humidity losted.
The 107d Grillo is a better Gardening tractor Wheels tracking is ajustable from 17 in.-19-22-25 in. tiller from 14.5-18.5- 23- 27 . Handlebar are ajustable on side and height. You dont walk on your tillage.
Grillo PTO with front engine is as BCS PTO but if you reverse Engine and handlebar the rotation reverse and the PTO come as GRAVELY ROTATION. So I plan( Next winter project) make Adaptor for use my Good Gravely Snowblower and Mowers with my Grillo 107d. Thanks Oldmech

/ Gravely vs Grillo #2  
Hey Old,,, couple things I'm thinking,,,, pto output height. Not sure if that Grillo "rides" a little higher at the pto than the Gravely, if it does the implements won't run level and it may or may not be a problem? Pto speed is gonna be similar to low around 900 rpm,,, no high though. Are you gonna run the tractor from the flywheel side of the engine? Or are you mounting the engine on the pto end and driving the implement from the engine side? I'm just trying to understand how your gonna reverse the pto direction?

/ Gravely vs Grillo
Hi! You are right! For Pto Heigh Grillo is 9 3/4 in and Gravely L8 is 10 7/8 and my Gravely Diesel with reduction wheels is one inche more high. On near alls tractors the PTO is from engine vs reduction gear. On Grillo PTO power is from transmission.( I have the parts book) Two gears and one shaft LESS. This small tractor is very well made A quality machine. Very easy to change engine.
GRILLO P S A make a PTO inverser device ( Gear box)
I buy the Grillo 107d because I have two large gardens . On pict. wheels are ajusted to 19 in. This year I plan use my Gravely Diesel a lot for mowing Less one liter hour for fuel. My L8 take 2 to 3 liters hour .
Thanks and Good luck Oldmech

Attachments

• grillo1.JPG
    grillo1.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 2,147
  • grillo2.JPG
    grillo2.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,938
  • grillo4.JPG
    grillo4.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 2,339
  • grillo3.JPG
    grillo3.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 1,074
  • grillo5.JPG
    grillo5.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 887
   / Gravely vs Grillo #4  
Very nice machine you have there Old,,, your gonna get lots of work out of that one. Interesting fact about the pto inverter, you might just be able to get some Gravely attachments to work. If you get the time there is an old thread on 2 wheelers where a fellow was in the process of making his own mower for his 2 wheeler,, it was similar to the 30 inch mower,, but I don't see why some of the ideas couldn't be used to make finnish mower. Oh thanks for the pics!!

/ Gravely vs Grillo #5  
OldMech,

I like how your wheel-brake levers are mounted close to the handles on your Grillo. My levers are hard to reach, down closer to the engine. Did you make that extension yourself or did it come like that? I have a new 107d and I'd like to rig up something like that.

/ Gravely vs Grillo
Hi! for brake extension. I make it last spring. I was planing use wheels brake for turn. but no needed. The Grillo is very easy to turn. I dont use separate hand brake. For extension we need more long cables Hard to find . I use motorcycle clutch cable (expensive) I dont recommand it.
Grillo 107d is very light and need weight in wheels 60-80 lbs is enough. The tiller is the best. Work very well! smooth action Precision depth one notch= one inche.
I make a very good tool for small hill (the best for spring seeds) I join picts. I can till make hill and row in one operation. Easy to make and inexpensive save a lot of work. I like my Grillo Not too small not too big. Good Luck Oldmech

Attachments

• grillo10.jpg
    grillo10.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 931
  • PICT0066b.jpg
    PICT0066b.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 1,203
  • vbarx.jpg
    vbarx.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 2,765
   / Gravely vs Grillo #7  
That is a very well thought out attachment.