How much is this Gravely package worth?

/ How much is this Gravely package worth? #1  

Riptide23

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
Hi all,

I normally hang in the Kubota section, as I bought a BX23 last year, which is driving me to sell my Gravely stuff...

I have:

* A Gravely Pro 10, with about 460 hours on the meter (although subtract a week's worth of hours, 'cuz I left the key on until I used it a week later). Kohler Magnum 10. Great shape.

* A 40 inch Comm mower, 2 blade, decent shape. Quick hitch type.

* A 32 inch snowblower, great shape. QH also.

* A 48 inch dozer blade, that I put a counterweight and QH kit on.

* A steering sulkey, decent shape.

* A Graely lawn roller. It's old, but all there. Fully functional. Need sandblasting. I was gonna do it up in POR15, but never found the (ton of) time...

A handful of factory spares, and all the factory manuals.

That's the package. I used to frequent the various Gravely forums years ago, but kind of dropped out, so I haven't been tracking what things are commanding these days...

I love the machine, but it's overkill to have the Kubota, and the Gravely...

Thoughts?

TIA,

Pat

/ How much is this Gravely package worth? #2  
well, as a guy with a kubota and 2 gravelies, I don't think its overkill really - places my gravely can reach that kubota can't. But I have a lot of landscaping.

Of course there is the maintenance issue - I currently have 2 non-working gravelies - an L and a 12. I just bought another 12 in PA in an effort to get one working one.

Prices wise ebay is a good check.

Depends on how old the 10 is. And what attachment system. oh just saw QH oops - add maybe $20-30 to below.

If older, I just bought a 12 for $400, so I think you could ballpark that. I'd ballpark the mower and snowblower around $100, with the others around $70 or so - that's more or less what I paid and I have all of the above.

I do find the sulkey roller and blade pretty much useless, and would happily sell mine. Most useful is the rototiller with the brush hog second. I do use my 40" deck to mow where the kubota can't, but its barely easier to navigate than the kubota

/ How much is this Gravely package worth? #3  
Riptide23 said:
Hi all,

I normally hang in the Kubota section, as I bought a BX23 last year, which is driving me to sell my Gravely stuff...

I have:

* A Gravely Pro 10,

a running (tractor) gravely from that time period usually fetch between 200 (for the older rougher stuff, 400 for the restored, great shape stuff)

* A 40 inch Comm mower, 2 blade, decent shape. Quick hitch type.

* A 32 inch snowblower, great shape. QH also.

40" finish mower might not bring much. most peeps cut there "lawn" with a ride on something. a 30" brushhog that goes places and cuts stuff that the finish mower doesnt would be of more intrest.

the 32" snowblower is one of the one impliments that i see most gravely owners wanting and not finding. That in and of itself should bring $100 easy.

* A 48 inch dozer blade, that I put a counterweight and QH kit on.

everyone has a dozer blade. other than the brushhog its THE most common attachment i see. Virtually everyone that ive talked to seems to find it mostly useless. (you MIGHT push some snow with it, but if you got a blower why bother with the blade)

* A steering sulkey, decent shape.

* A Graely lawn roller. It's old, but all there. Fully functional. Need sandblasting. I was gonna do it up in POR15, but never found the (ton of) time...

the steering sulkey is worth something. more rare than a regular one. lawn roller wont fetch much although it might be of some intrest to a collector.

overall you have a package that you might get $600 for. There is an almost identical package on ebay right now. but bidding is still low (less than $200)

Of the 5 that i have, (all pre koholer) ive avg about $100 a tractor with one impliment. half are non-running and i have spairs of just about everything.

i was considering selling a couple of running "packages" for around $400-$500 if i could get it.

/ How much is this Gravely package worth?
Thanks for the feedback so far. Back when I was into Gravely's, a nice 7.6 convertible was commanding 800 bucks...

For what I have into it, I should probably hang on to it...

As far as the accessories, I've actually used the blade more than the snowblower to move snow, but that snowblower does launch some snow.

I've never used the roller, but searched hi and low for one, until I found this one. Under the surface rust, it's actually pretty solid, and is filled with oil, rather than water. Not as much weight, but doesn't corrode from the inside either.

/ How much is this Gravely package worth? #5  
Rip,, I really think it depends on your area and the condition of the machine and attachments. A pro 10 is a newer model and should fetch a fair dollar on evil bay if it's nice, and if the attachments are from the same era and in good condition you will get decent money for them,,,, they don't make them anymore and equipment in good condition brings a premium.

/ How much is this Gravely package worth? #6  
prices seem to have dropped in the last few years indeed

/ How much is this Gravely package worth? #7  
Surely prices haven't dropped that much for a Gravely in good condition.

What would it cost to replace it with something new? I broke two tiller tines on a newer model tiller two weeks ago, and thought they must not be making them like they used to cuz they're the first ones I've ever had to break. The tiller I'm using isn't an improvement over the same brand tiller I sold 10 years ago, in my opinion.

Don't sell too cheap and wish you had it back.