A 60" deck on a walkbehind!?

/ A 60" deck on a walkbehind!? #1  

js5020

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CX2510, Kubota BX23S, AC5020, JDx300R
Well just did an e-bay check and there is a 5' deck on with the riggings for a 2 wheeler, wow I didn't think you could run one that big on a 2 wheeler. Well it does say you need a 16 hp unit, and I do see duals and I'll bet if we could see the whole tractor it also has the steer brakes,,, I'll bet that would be a real bear to steer without them on even the slightest grade, or to turn around for that matter! My arms feel tired just looking at it!

/ A 60" deck on a walkbehind!? #2  
The Wright Stander has been around for over ten years. Geat machine with mowing speeds up to 14 mph. Great commecial machine for high output users. It is a full twin hydro design and all most to easy to use!

/ A 60" deck on a walkbehind!?
I'm sure there are many dedicated turf machines with big decks on them,,, wow 14 mph, that's fast! Don't have those kinda speeds in a Gravely walkbehind!,,,, guess we would need to call it a runbehind, or maybe a dragme behind if we did!

/ A 60" deck on a walkbehind!? #4  
Yes, Gravely offered a 60" deck years ago when the 16hp walkbehind was a Kohler engined machine. It and the 16hp Kohler didn't last very long. Gravely changed to the 16hp Briggs which was made for the rest of the 2 wheel production. It definetly is a chunk! and your right you bettter have the steering brake!! - Kris :D