Earth Tools visit

/ Earth Tools visit #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
Wed. the 9th, a friend and I took a little trip and went to Earth Tools, interesting visit. They are about 125 mile trip and was worth the drive. I went there to get a PTO extension and have my clutch looked at because if I got a rock hung in the tiller, the clutch would slip, before the engine would stall before it slipped. I took the clutch pack with me and Joel saw right away that the lining had grease on it from the internal bearing leaking. He took it apart and the sealed bearing had leaked so he replaced the bearing and cleaned the clutch and put it back together. He knows these machines inside out and can do whatever it needs in his sleep. He sure has a lot of inventory and I got to see a lot of the implements that are on his website. They had just uncrated a new 853 and was putting the Lombardi diesel on it, sure is a good looking machine, made me drool.
I have the 40" finish mower and sulky that I don't use much anymore and am working on a swap for a sickle mower. Joel has a guy that wants a finish mower so maybe will know in a few days how the deal will work out.
If you're ever close to their place, sure is worthwile to stop and take a look.

/ Earth Tools visit #2  
Hey Milkman,

I sure wish I could get a chance to go down there. I've talked with Joel a few times on the phone and, even though he's always very busy, he takes the time. I'd hate to see how many hours he puts in in a week.

Good luck on your swap. I just bought a 38 inch finish mower but now need to buy a bigger tractor to run it . Mama's REAL impressed.

Bill

/ Earth Tools visit
I wish I had got some pictures while I was there, when I go back, I will see if they will let me get pics of the place. The larger models work well with a mower and the individual wheel brakes make turning a breeze, especially with the sulky. Joel sure has some good looking 853s there, wish I was younger so I could wear one of those out, especially one with the diesel.