Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #1  

gubawatts

Hello,

I'm new to this board... lots of good stuff here. I recently acquired a Kinco KMG 38 walk behind sickle mower. I found some info on the manufacturer, and gave them a call, but there facility in St. Paul, MN was still closed for the winter. I'd like to get any available owners/service/parts manuals that might be available. If anyone has this info, I'd gladly pay for a copy of it.

On a related topic, the tires are 4.10/3.50 - 6. They're shot. I've found some Carlisle 4.10 - 6 lugged tires. What is the difference between a 4.10/3.50 - 6 and a 4.10 - 6 ?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7136 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7136 (Small).JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,511
  • IMG_7137 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7137 (Small).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 7,588
   / Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #2  
Hi,

I've been searching the net for info on my Kinco KMG-38 and ran across your post. I have been able to get all the belts and tires locally. Tractor Supply had the 4.10/3.50 - 6 tires for about $20 each. The belts came from Bearing, Belt and Chain. I pulled the motor apart to get it cleaned up and it is almost running, but I need to replace the carb. It is not rebuildable.

I think the blade sections are availbable at Tractor Supply also. I saw some Combine replacement blades there that look similar. As far as the rest of it, the bearings and things are all standard sizes. The sliding pivot, under the big pulley, was frozen up. But after figuring out how to get the aluminum bar off (I had to remove the 6 bolts that hold the nose one, where the blade begins) I was able to clean it up and make it work like new.

The last thing that I need to do is get that new carb. It's a Tecumseh 3.5hp engine and the parts and carbs seem to be available. I'm anxious to get it going, it looks like it will do a good job on tough weeds and grass.

Good luck with yours, it looks like it's in better condition than mine was.

John

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #3  
I'm new to this forum, great resource.......

I also have a Kinco KMG38, it's built like a tank unfortunately I took the carb off to replace the float, now I have no clue as to how the governor linkage goes back together. I've done a number of searches for Tecumseh carb and linkage nothing comes up that matches my set up. If anyone has a picture of diagram of how it all goes back together I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Harl

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #4  
I have a Kinco KMG38 sickle bar mower. It IS GREAT. A well built tough machine that does what it is supposed to do very well. I bought it at a yard sale for a small price, and would not let it go. It takes space, that's the biggest problem. Oh, and it's a bit narrow for the field I cut. That said.... I love it. Starts and runs like a beast. Turns quickly, cuts small trees, bushes etc. I have broken some of the sections. They are 2 in wide, 2 and 3/4 long, and the hole spacing is 1 and 3/8's center to center. Does anyone know a PN, where to buy knife sections? Many thanks! Tony in Michigan

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower
It's been awhile since I checked in on this posting. Great to hear that there are other Kinco owners out there.

JD316, I spoke with someone at Kinco in St Paul, MN, he indicated that the sickle sections for Jari Mowers are an exact fit for the Kinco.

I used my machine quite a bit this summer mowing mountain bike trails. The little machine is quite a mountain goat and will climb just about any hill.

My KMG28 has a Briggs and Stratton 4hp, so I can't be of help on how the governor linkage is set up on the Tecumseh.

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #6  
Hello,

I'm new to this board... lots of good stuff here. I recently acquired a Kinco KMG 38 walk behind sickle mower. I found some info on the manufacturer, and gave them a call, but there facility in St. Paul, MN was still closed for the winter. I'd like to get any available owners/service/parts manuals that might be available. If anyone has this info, I'd gladly pay for a copy of it.

On a related topic, the tires are 4.10/3.50 - 6. They're shot. I've found some Carlisle 4.10 - 6 lugged tires. What is the difference between a 4.10/3.50 - 6 and a 4.10 - 6 ?

Thanks in advance.

I just bought one today. Info on the manufacturer would be helpful. My email address: monroesjim@yahoo.com

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #7  
I have a Kinco KMG38 sickle bar mower. It IS GREAT. A well built tough machine that does what it is supposed to do very well. I bought it at a yard sale for a small price, and would not let it go. It takes space, that's the biggest problem. Oh, and it's a bit narrow for the field I cut. That said.... I love it. Starts and runs like a beast. Turns quickly, cuts small trees, bushes etc. I have broken some of the sections. They are 2 in wide, 2 and 3/4 long, and the hole spacing is 1 and 3/8's center to center. Does anyone know a PN, where to buy knife sections? Many thanks! Tony in Michigan

Local farm store like Blain's Farm and Fleet. Best price for the blades eBay.

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #8  
I have the manual, and have scannned it into a pdf file. I have the 4 hp Briggs engine, and can not replace the dual horizontal/vertical drive engine. Trade you a copy of the manual for all model, serial and any other ID numbers on your tech. engine- maybe I can repower with a similar model. Manual covers disassembly of blade & all other adjustments. Manual available to all others interested, just keep my list of equipment in mind 'cause somethings always needs repair & I'm always looking for parts, dismantlings, etc.

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower
Portgibson,

I'd love to get a copy of that manual. I have the 4hp B&S as engine as well. If you wouldn't mind, could you e-mail the scanned copy to meadowlinks at centurytel dot net ?

As far as replacing the 4hp B&S engine, I did a bit of trolling for a replacement as well, since I broke out one of the mounts that is cast into the oil sump - so the front of the engine is not secured now. The sump is not available as a replacement part for the engine with the aux pto shaft. I did see some possible replacement candidates at Small Engine Warehouse - Repower Outdoor Power Equipment

Like this one.

I haven't been able to find the right size sickle sections at Tractor Supply, or Fleet Farm (Mills) in my neck of the woods. I may have to give the guys at Jari USA, Home of the Jari Sickle Mower a call, as the guy at Kinco said the sickle bar parts from Jari mowers fit the Kinco machines.

/ Kinco KMG38 Sickle Mower #10  
I used my KMG38 for 17 years on a tree farm before getting tired and running into the same problem with an engine replacement. I have two of these machines that would serve well for parts as well as two brand new cutter heads in a wooden crate. I bought them when GardenWay closed in Troy NY. Apparently they bought a couple Kinco's to test out.