Anybody know a Planet Jr collector?

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #1  

Donman

Silver Member
Tractor
Yanmar 187D Bobcat 743 skid loader w/forks and homebuilt 6-way grader blade
I decided to let go of my antique Planet Jr cultivator and I need to know the best way to contact somebody who collects them. This one ran when I put it away in the barn in the 1980's. I got it from my uncle who I rememember used it in the early 1950's. I think it still has the original paint. The unit steers by raising and lowering alternate handle bars which swings the cultivator to the left or right behind the tractor and then follows it thru the turn.
The B&S engine has 6 to 1 reduction and chain drive to the cone clutch shaft and then chain drive to each wheel. Also, any ideas what it is worth?

Attachments

• 0423092005a.jpg
    0423092005a.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 5,933
  • 0423092005.jpg
    0423092005.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 4,730
  • clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 2,621
   / Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #2  
Hi,
Where is the Planet Jr. located? What is your asking price? I'm located south of Pittsburgh Pa. Know of any one coming this way? Thanks Jim

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #3  
If jwsurvey doesn't end up with it, I might be interested in adding it to our collection at the museum.

There are some groups of collectors that specialize with these types of units. Can't recall off the top of my head, if I do I'll post some info on them.

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #4  
I have been trying to sell my Planet Jr garden tractor with attachments and so far have not had much luck finding collector clubs or any idea what things are worth. I found people interested in it via a craigslist ad I posted but the only guy who actually came out got upset and made me a lowball offer (he even let me know it was a low offer). He was upset because I wasn't willing to sell him a Planet Jr. corn planter I also have.:rolleyes:

So if you or anyone finds any good places that deal with Planet Jrs please let me know. Thanks

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #5  
We have a Centaur at The Fryeburg Fair that I drive around the museum. I've had people come up to me and tell me about clubs that they belong to that specialize in garden tractors. I'm trying to remember where my little note pad from the fair is located, I think I wrote the info down from at least one collector in Ohio.

I would like another one or two just to have a variety, people are amazed to see a garden tractor as old as the Centaur still running.

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #6  
We have a Centaur at The Fryeburg Fair that I drive around the museum. I've had people come up to me and tell me about clubs that they belong to that specialize in garden tractors. I'm trying to remember where my little note pad from the fair is located, I think I wrote the info down from at least one collector in Ohio.

I would like another one or two just to have a variety, people are amazed to see a garden tractor as old as the Centaur still running.
Some members of the Gravely Tractor Club of America have Model Ds from the 20s that are still running. The Centaur was made by Central Tractor Company here in Ohio.

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #7  
I decided to let go of my antique Planet Jr cultivator and I need to know the best way to contact somebody who collects them. This one ran when I put it away in the barn in the 1980's. I got it from my uncle who I rememember used it in the early 1950's. I think it still has the original paint. The unit steers by raising and lowering alternate handle bars which swings the cultivator to the left or right behind the tractor and then follows it thru the turn.
The B&S engine has 6 to 1 reduction and chain drive to the cone clutch shaft and then chain drive to each wheel. Also, any ideas what it is worth?
ihave the same tractor The motor is a wesconstynn. serial# 2286835. my tractor was made by the SL ALLEN& CO. serial #202804 PLANET JR TRACTOR

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #8  
ihave the same tractor The motor is a wesconstynn. serial# 2286835. my tractor was made by the SL ALLEN& CO. serial #202804 PLANET JR TRACTOR

please contact me , i would like to talk to some one about , the tractor has culivators, potatoe hoe and land plow email address shawn0072010@hotmail.com

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #9  

I might be interrested in your Planet Jr. . How much do you want for it. My Email mapstone@tds.net . Thanks Terry

/ Anybody know a Planet Jr collector? #10  
What kind of information are you looking for. Thanks Terry
mapstone@tds.net