Grillo with logsplitter

/ Grillo with logsplitter #1  

oldmech

Gold Member
Tractor
Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel
Hi! I make one adaptor with hydraulic pump (from tractor)
This adaptor is fit on Grillo quick hitch. This homemade Logsplitter is small but powerfull . All work very well. I join some pict. Good luck ! Oldmech

Attachments

• adapp2.JPG
    adapp2.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 3,385
  • GRIadap3.JPG
    GRIadap3.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • FEnD2.JPG
    FEnD2.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 951
   / Grillo with logsplitter #2  
Nice work oldmech,,, love the propane tank,,, excellent idea

/ Grillo with logsplitter #3  
Very neat. How do you make sure it's OK to cut a hole in a propane tank? Do you flush it with water or something?

/ Grillo with logsplitter
Hi! My brother fix fittings on the propane tank. I ask him! First you remove the top valve and fill with water. You can drill with bi-metal hole drill for tap pipe thread size 1/2 in. top and 1 in. bottom. You must always work with tank full of water. All empty tank can be dangerous. NEVER USE TORCH.
Oil tanks are very expensive. Good luck! Oldmech

/ Grillo with logsplitter #5  
Thanks a lot. I bet they'd make good air tanks too.

/ Grillo with logsplitter #6  
Very nice work.

I've been researching building a log splitter for my BCS 852. What is the gear ratio you are using there? and the final RPMs at the pump? also could you list any specs on the pump? thanks for any info

Hi! For ratio I have 36T on PTO shaft (3/4 in.dia) and 15T on pump shaft I use 40 chain and sprockets . For about 2000 rpm at the pump as original . This pump was connected on camshaft engine with a small gear about 2x less size of camshaft gear. Tomorrow I test GPM by cylinder speed cycle. 5 or 6 sec. about but I must test I think this pump deliver about 6 GPM . Very well for me. A lot of peoples use farm tractor hydraulic system 4-8 GPM with 3ph logsplitter. a little bit more slow than industrial . I use mine for 16 in. wood. I dont need 24 in. cylinder. I was looking for 4x16 in. cylinder I find one 4x12 but it was Free. I can split 16 in. wood with no trouble. For H beam mine is 4In x 4 in . if you can look for 4 in.x 6 in. My 4x4 H beam sometimes bend . Last week I split over two cords of Elm wood I make it easy. Very powerful. tomorrow I add new picts Good luck! Oldmech

/ Grillo with logsplitter #8  
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to more pics when you have time. Is that horizontal bolt used to tighten/loosen chain?

Hi! For ajuster you are right. I test my Logsplitter Full 12in =4 sec return 3 sec. Very good I make calc. 144cu in. or 2160 min divide by 231 cu in.gal or 9GPM. I take info this pump(one stage) is from a Forklift engine. May be a NISSAN. They are two stage pumps small displ. high rpm for direct to engine deliver 11gpm at low but only 4gpm at high pressure for 5 hp engine. 1GPM need 1 HP. I prefer one stage Gear pump
As near all heating wood are 16 in. For cylinder the best is 4X16 With 24 in. cylinder You use 8 in. of strooke for nothing you spill TIME and ENERGY.
I use bolts two 5/8 5GR front and two 1/2 5GR rear for fix elements to H beam so ajustable
For knife (8 in. High) I use 3\16 x4 in. steel plate.This one work very well
I put a big magnet in oil tank for protect pump.
Good luck Oldmech

Attachments

• fend02b.JPG
    fend02b.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 329
  • fend01.JPG
    fend01.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 642
  • fend03c.JPG
    fend03c.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 362