commercial 8 gravely

/ commercial 8 gravely #1  

bolensman23

I have a Commercial 8 gravely that is not electric start and is yellow and has the original paint on it and I want to know how rare it is because every were i look I cannot find them.

/ commercial 8 gravely #2  
The yellow ones were used by the postal service. Being rare is all relative. There are plenty of C8's still around. I have an earlier L8. The yellow paint is less common than the orange. There is a good very active Gravely club on yahoo. They could tell you everything you wanted to know about it.

/ commercial 8 gravely #3  
The yellow ones were used by the postal service. Being rare is all relative. There are plenty of C8's still around. I have an earlier L8. The yellow paint is less common than the orange. There is a good very active Gravely club on yahoo. They could tell you everything you wanted to know about it.
There is a difference between a C8 and the tractor he has. Yellow is the correct color for the Comm 8 even if not owned by the Post Office. All early Comms were painted yellow no matter if a Comm 8, Comm 10, Comm 10A, or Comm 12. Comm 8s have a Kohler 8 HP engine. C8s have a Gravely T-head engine. Comm 8s are rarer than C8s or any of the other Comms.

/ commercial 8 gravely
how many of these machines did they make

/ commercial 8 gravely
WHAT YEARS DID THEY MAKE THIS AND WHAT COLORS DID THEY MAKE IT IN

/ commercial 8 gravely #7  
I have them listed as 1970 to 1972. They were yellow and white when they came out.

/ commercial 8 gravely
Now I have another problem, the engine seems like it is froze up because when you pull on the pull rope it just comes to a dead stop. And the wierd part is it was running about 10 minutes before it stopped. does anyone know what could of caused it

/ commercial 8 gravely #9  
Might be a seized bearing in the engine. Pull the spark plug and see it it is fluid locked. Check the engine and tranny dipsticks for oil levels.

/ commercial 8 gravely
It was not siezed up, the flywheel shroud was hanging up on the flywheel making it tight