tiller ops

/ tiller ops #1  

tecknomage

Tractor
bcs 850, MF GC 2300, Pinzgauer 710
well, if I hadn't fell in love with my 850, I'd sell it but.
Planning a trip to see Joel this month, to pick up a tiller while BCS has attachments on sale. its about a 4 hr drive from here, should I go there or ship it folks?
& any other attachments that you all would reocmend?

Thanks
Dave in Tn

/ tiller ops #2  
If it were me, I would go. Joel can demo any attachments you may be on the fence about buying, and give you personal advice on using them, changing them, etc. I had to learn the hard way.

I highly recommend the flail mower with both hammer and Y-blade sets. I have the 26" flail on my 853. And the sngle rotary plow if you have to do a lot of new ground tilling and/or create raised beds.

Al

/ tiller ops #3  
Hey Dave,

Ditto on what Al said. I too would like to go to Earth Tools and check it out. It's an 8 hour drive for me, but would be well worth it. If I ever get enough cash to buy a double rotary plow or a flail mower, I'm going to pick them up personally.

/ tiller ops
If the dern thing just didn't have that Vanguard engine :mad: on it, life would be better.
Right now it'll only be a tiller , the "lay off" plow & maybe the quick disconnect. Can't afford the rotary plow right now. Gonna save up for a diesel engine 1st.
I need to go pick up wheel weight for a cub anyway, kinda that direction so B4 Christmas & while BCS has the attachments on sale Guess I'll plan a trip.
ALMOST scared to goto earthtools, as I am SURE there will be MANY THINGS there that will be too nice not to get.
;)
Only question that reamins, is if I take the 850 with me & hook it all up, & let Joel tell me all the things i need to do to the 850. ( like replace it with a 853 diesel)

/ tiller ops #5  
Hi! Why you dislike the Vanguard. Personal I dislike all V engines Short stroke and take more gas. I prefer In-Line engines. I have two diesels and one GX340 Honda I like it. Honda is quiet smooth and take less fuel than B-S or Kohler engines. Why you do not install a 13 hp Honda on your 850 Joel have a special i think. Diesel engine are very expensive With high Noise and vibrattion But take half fuel. Good luck ! Oldmech