Tractor
    bcs 850, MF GC 2300, Pinzgauer 710

Default tiller ops

well, if I hadn't fell in love with my 850, I'd sell it but.
    Planning a trip to see Joel this month, to pick up a tiller while BCS has attachments on sale. its about a 4 hr drive from here, should I go there or ship it folks?
    & any other attachments that you all would reocmend?

Thanks
    Dave in Tn

Default Re: tiller ops

If it were me, I would go. Joel can demo any attachments you may be on the fence about buying, and give you personal advice on using them, changing them, etc. I had to learn the hard way.

I highly recommend the flail mower with both hammer and Y-blade sets. I have the 26" flail on my 853. And the sngle rotary plow if you have to do a lot of new ground tilling and/or create raised beds.

Al

Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

Hey Dave,

Ditto on what Al said. I too would like to go to Earth Tools and check it out. It's an 8 hour drive for me, but would be well worth it. If I ever get enough cash to buy a double rotary plow or a flail mower, I'm going to pick them up personally.
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, BCS 735 w/ Acme diesel, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Caravaggi stump grinder, BCS 59" duplex mower, Pallidino 20" flail mower, Ravenna trailer, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

Deere B, 60, 4430 open station, 4430 SGB, and all the implements to work 'em

Tractor
    bcs 850, MF GC 2300, Pinzgauer 710

If the dern thing just didn't have that Vanguard engine on it, life would be better.
    Right now it'll only be a tiller , the "lay off" plow & maybe the quick disconnect. Can't afford the rotary plow right now. Gonna save up for a diesel engine 1st.
    I need to go pick up wheel weight for a cub anyway, kinda that direction so B4 Christmas & while BCS has the attachments on sale Guess I'll plan a trip.
    ALMOST scared to goto earthtools, as I am SURE there will be MANY THINGS there that will be too nice not to get.

Only question that reamins, is if I take the 850 with me & hook it all up, & let Joel tell me all the things i need to do to the 850. ( like replace it with a 853 diesel)

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel

Hi! Why you dislike the Vanguard. Personal I dislike all V engines Short stroke and take more gas. I prefer In-Line engines. I have two diesels and one GX340 Honda I like it. Honda is quiet smooth and take less fuel than B-S or Kohler engines. Why you do not install a 13 hp Honda on your 850 Joel have a special i think. Diesel engine are very expensive With high Noise and vibrattion But take half fuel. Good luck ! Oldmech