Plowing soil

/ Plowing soil #1  

oldmech

Gold Member
Tractor
Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel
I like work soil with moldboardplow. This homemade steel wheels give incredible traction. I am plowing about 6 in. deep. Plowing add air. remove compaction but do not destroy all . Turn over soil about or less 135 deg. Plowing need less power than tilling. Later I till only 2 in. deep for good seed bed. Good Luck! Oldmech

Attachments

• PICT0083ch2.jpg
    PICT0083ch2.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 678
  • PICT0084ch2.jpg
    PICT0084ch2.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 537
  • PICT0085ch2.jpg
    PICT0085ch2.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 607
  • PICT0086ch2.jpg
    PICT0086ch2.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 376
   / Plowing soil #2  
Great, as long as you enjoy it. :)

/ Plowing soil #3  
Hey oldmech,, I thought you had a Grillo,, what model BCS is that and how much additional weight do you have on it? Is that the small or large bottom on the plow?

/ Plowing soil
Hi! I have a BCS 735 diesel a Grillo107d and a Gravely L diesel. About 80 lbs but steel wheels are heavy. This plow is the small one the bigger will be better. I think More deep plowing. I use the BCS diesel for long job because just one liter hour. The GX340 on the Grillo take two liters But easy to start Quiet I like the Honda engine. Thanks! Oldmech

/ Plowing soil #5  
I know this is an old thread and hope oldmech is still out there. I would like to make a set of these. How did you make the steel rings that form the outside of the wheel perfectly circular? They look perfect. Did you use a form? Did you use a torch to heat the steel? Looks like pretty heavy steel to bend without heat.

/ Plowing soil #6  
His Last Activity: 12-31-2016 09:30 AM

If you click on his name, you can send him a private message, some have it link to their normal e-mail so even though they are not coming to TBN, they might get the message and respond. :2cents: