Mainline Tiller

/ Mainline Tiller #1  

HM814

Tractor
Farmtrac 300DTC
I have a Plainsman II (?) Mainline tiller. and I would like to sell it. It is in "used" condition. It runs well, all the gears work, tiller works, and even has a sickle bar mower attachment too. What are they worth? Now, keep in mind, I am not interested in robbing anyone, nor do I want to get taken.... I am just trying to find out what a fair price for one of these is.

Any help would be appreciated.

HM

Attachments

• 100_0067.jpg
    100_0067.jpg
    946.4 KB · Views: 2,157
   / Mainline Tiller #2  
Like any piece of older used equipment, its worth is sometimes difficult to judge because there's lots of years of use. You can "enhance" it's value by making sure it's clean, and then giving a short demo to a serious buyer. I've paid as little as $400 for low-hour used BCS tillers in outstanding condition, but have seen them sell for three times that amount too. The real value is what it will sell for in your community. Given that this is probably the peak season your best selling price should be realized now as opposed to later in the year. Sorry that this isn't a more definitive answer.

/ Mainline Tiller #3  
HM,
I have a Mainline price list from 1982. It lists the cheapest Plainsman at$1266 and the highest at $1531. I'd say your machine is worth what you are willing to take for it or to say it another way, it's worth what someone else is willing to give.
One 'problem' with the purely Mainline machines is the six spline pto. It doesn't match anything else on the market. The early BCS/Mainline machines had a ten spline pto. To make matters worse, that brand ( S.E.P. Mainline )hasn't been imported in several years.
Steve

/ Mainline Tiller #4  
Hello HM, I am interested if you still have the Maineline for sale? If you do, contact me at jrmsound@yahoo.com I too have one but it is in need of some parts, maybe we could work something out. R. Chisholm

/ Mainline Tiller #5  
Have you loacated a source for your parts for your mainline tiller.

Paul K. Sullivan
10-30-2003 18:49:18

Mainline tillers were manufactured by BCS from 1972-1980. From 1980 they were manufactured by SEP. Engine and tiller parts are still available from a $400,000.00 inventory at:
Mainline of North America
81 U.S. Route 40
London, OH 43140
614 361-5343

Ask for Paul K Sullivan