Used BCS 725 worth buying

/ Used BCS 725 worth buying #1  

Sampson93

Hi all, I am a newbie to this forum and the BCS world. I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase a BCS 725 - used. Main mechanical issues (as told to me by current owner) are: 1)throttle cable is broken, I 2)Needs a new fuel pump on the Kohler Magnum 8 HP Gasoline engine. These are not huge things to fix. I am concerned with the fact that it has set up for 4-5 years. Tires seem to be ok. String cord crank - and when you crank it does turn over and has compression. It has the quick hitch PTO, clutch on handle, tiller attachment and plow attachment. What would be a fair offer to make on this tiller? I might keep it for personal use, or repair it and resell.

Any ideas? She's asking around $200 for it. I don't want to rip her off, since she is selling due to a family emergency.

Surely would appreciate your input.

Sampson

/ Used BCS 725 worth buying #2  
Running it is certainly worth more than $200, especially with a tiller and plow. Perhaps $400-500 in good running shape in my area. 200-275 seems like a good deal depending on how much work it needs.

/ Used BCS 725 worth buying #3  
I'd buy it in a heartbeat for $200. Tractor and implements are worth over $600 in their present condition. Get it running and you have a tractor and implements worth more than $1200. At $200 it is a better investment than any stock currently selling on the stock market or any foreclosed property deal currently being offered anywhere.

Better still, back away from buying it and give me the sellers contact information.
Bill in NC

/ Used BCS 725 worth buying #4  
Hey Sampson,

Hopefully, you've already been over there and given her her full asking price.

I simply love those Kohler Magnums. They are just about the best engine for these BCS tractors until you go to a diesel. The tiller attachment is worth more than the asking price. Does it have the 4 by 10 tires or the 4 by 8 tires?

/ Used BCS 725 worth buying
Hey Sampson,

Hopefully, you've already been over there and given her her full asking price.

I simply love those Kohler Magnums. They are just about the best engine for these BCS tractors until you go to a diesel. The tiller attachment is worth more than the asking price. Does it have the 4 by 10 tires or the 4 by 8 tires?

Thanks y'all for the great input! I got it for $175. OMG! So appreciate the feedback - I'll post pics and progress on repair. I don't know whether to fix to resell, or keep and use it. Sheesh!