BCS Dual Wheels - How?

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How? #1  

LET-CA

Tractor
BCS 722
So, I've got two sets of wheels for my 722 and a set of the wheel extenders, but for the life of me can't figure out how to bolt them together to have dual wheels on both sides. I'm probably missing something really easy here. I'm in a brain-lock. I'd appreciate some direction! Thanks! :confused2:

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How? #2  
Hi Lenny,

I haven't dualled up tires yet, but I imagine it would be like this - mount the inner tires and the extensions and bolt them on. Then mount the outer tires on the extensions and bolt them on.

Let me know if that works.

Bill in WI

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How?
That's what I expected but the lug bolts on the extensions are about an inch too short to reach. I may have to put in a call to BCS America on this one.

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How?
Okay, just got off the phone with BCS America and found that you need two sets of axle extensions in order to double up the wheels. You need to mount two of them to get the necessary reach to make the required width. Simple solution. . .

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How? #5  
Okay, just got off the phone with BCS America and found that you need two sets of axle extensions in order to double up the wheels. You need to mount two of them to get the necessary reach to make the required width. Simple solution. . .

One cheaper option is to buy a set of used inner hubs from a set of wheels that are the same size as yours, and mount them on your first set of hubs (but reversed). I bought a rusty used set from Earthtools, and now use duals on my BCS 850 when I am using the snow blade.

-otus

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How?
Dual Wheels - WOW! :thumbsup:

I mounted everything up tonight and made a few passes in the garden with my 722 with dual wheels. It was a different machine altogether. The stock 4 X 8.00's had a tendency to dig in and then the whole tiller would bog down. The extra flotation and traction kept the drive wheels up on top and pulling real strong. Areas that would have taken four or five passes were easily taken care of with just two. Turning around at the ends of rows is more difficult but not so much that I would even consider taking the extra set of wheels off. I'm a happy camper.

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How? #7  
Dual Wheels - WOW! :thumbsup:

I mounted everything up tonight and made a few passes in the garden with my 722 with dual wheels. It was a different machine altogether. The stock 4 X 8.00's had a tendency to dig in and then the whole tiller would bog down. The extra flotation and traction kept the drive wheels up on top and pulling real strong. Areas that would have taken four or five passes were easily taken care of with just two. Turning around at the ends of rows is more difficult but not so much that I would even consider taking the extra set of wheels off. I'm a happy camper.

What is the difference in turning like? I have duels for my tractor which came with it, but I don't have the mounting bolts yet. I keep thinking I should buy the bolts and give them a try. Right now they're burried behind 200 bales of hay though.

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How?
It's not really a show-stopper but it does take more muscle to turn in tight quarters. It is much more stable when going down the rows though. I'll put up a photo later this week.

/ BCS Dual Wheels - How? #9  
It's not really a show-stopper but it does take more muscle to turn in tight quarters. It is much more stable when going down the rows though. I'll put up a photo later this week.

Thanks