Importing to Canada

/ Importing to Canada #1  

Commonground

Did someone in Canada order from Earthtools or another dealer and could tell me how it went?

I am planning to purchase a Grillo 107, a 26"Berta flail mower, a Bio 100 chipper and a 32" snow blade plus a few accessories for a total of US$6300.

The brokerage firm from whom I got a quote is calculating a duty of 6% on all the items except the tractor. The brokerage fee itself is CAN$200.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Thierry

/ Importing to Canada #2  
Did someone in Canada order from Earthtools or another dealer and could tell me how it went?

I am planning to purchase a Grillo 107, a 26"Berta flail mower, a Bio 100 chipper and a 32" snow blade plus a few accessories for a total of US$6300.

The brokerage firm from whom I got a quote is calculating a duty of 6% on all the items except the tractor. The brokerage fee itself is CAN$200.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

Thierry

I suggest you contact Canada Border Services directly:

Canada Border Services - General Enquiries

In general, duty is not charged if origin of goods is USA/Mexico. For personal importation you simply pay your applicable provincial taxes (GST/PST/HST). If you live close to the border, consider shipping to the US border side and personally go down and take across the border yourself bypassing the broker completely.