Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default BCS 715 transmission oil check?

    As I stated in a previos post I just purchased a used BCS 715 that has a Kohler Magnum 8 engine. I am attempting to check the transmission oil but I can find no filler screw or any other place on the transmission area to check the oil level. There is a drain plug in the very bottom of the transmission and what appears to be some sort of vent rubber cap on the top of the transmission. The tiller runs fine and engages in all the gears but I want to check and replace the transmission oil. Hopefully it is not DRY! If so I got screwed. The former owner told me he did not know where to check the transmission oil and he has had the unit for 3 years. I does appear to run fine though.

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: BCS 715 transmission oil check?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzrider View Post
    As I stated in a previos post I just purchased a used BCS 715 that has a Kohler Magnum 8 engine. I am attempting to check the transmission oil but I can find no filler screw or any other place on the transmission area to check the oil level. There is a drain plug in the very bottom of the transmission and what appears to be some sort of vent rubber cap on the top of the transmission. The tiller runs fine and engages in all the gears but I want to check and replace the transmission oil. Hopefully it is not DRY! If so I got screwed. The former owner told me he did not know where to check the transmission oil and he has had the unit for 3 years. I does appear to run fine though.
    That 'vent thing' is a dipstick. It must be installed with the flat side towards the middle of the tractor, or IIRC the gears will eat it.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default Re: BCS 715 transmission oil check?

    Quote Originally Posted by clytle374 View Post
    That 'vent thing' is a dipstick. It must be installed with the flat side towards the middle of the tractor, or IIRC the gears will eat it.
    Now that I have been able to remove and check the transmission with your help - When you say flat side towards middle of tractor when replacing the dipstick - that would be flat side facing the back of the transmission where the shifter is located and in your picture towards the right side of the picture?

  4. #4
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: BCS 715 transmission oil check?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzrider View Post
    Now that I have been able to remove and check the transmission with your help - When you say flat side towards middle of tractor when replacing the dipstick - that would be flat side facing the back of the transmission where the shifter is located and in your picture towards the right side of the picture?
    No, the flat side should face towards the top of the picture.

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default Re: BCS 715 transmission oil check?

    Quote Originally Posted by clytle374 View Post
    No, the flat side should face towards the top of the picture.
    Thanks. Like you said pictures make things a lot clearer.

Similar Threads

  1. Global Warming News
    By KB9UDE in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 1208
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
  2. Oil & Fuel What Transmission oil to use
    By Capt. Bob in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
  3. 2007 Chef of the Year Southest & Olive Oil
    By rox in forum Family and Friends (Announcements & Notices)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 02:21 PM
  4. Oil & Fuel 455 Transmission leaking oil
    By Jason B in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 06:57 PM
  5. Transmission oil questions
    By Laneman950 in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.