BCS 715 transmission oil check?

/ BCS 715 transmission oil check? #1  

Ezzrider

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
As I stated in a previos post I just purchased a used BCS 715 that has a Kohler Magnum 8 engine. I am attempting to check the transmission oil but I can find no filler screw or any other place on the transmission area to check the oil level. There is a drain plug in the very bottom of the transmission and what appears to be some sort of vent rubber cap on the top of the transmission. The tiller runs fine and engages in all the gears but I want to check and replace the transmission oil. Hopefully it is not DRY! If so I got screwed. The former owner told me he did not know where to check the transmission oil and he has had the unit for 3 years. I does appear to run fine though.

/ BCS 715 transmission oil check? #2  
As I stated in a previos post I just purchased a used BCS 715 that has a Kohler Magnum 8 engine. I am attempting to check the transmission oil but I can find no filler screw or any other place on the transmission area to check the oil level. There is a drain plug in the very bottom of the transmission and what appears to be some sort of vent rubber cap on the top of the transmission. The tiller runs fine and engages in all the gears but I want to check and replace the transmission oil. Hopefully it is not DRY! If so I got screwed. The former owner told me he did not know where to check the transmission oil and he has had the unit for 3 years. I does appear to run fine though.

That 'vent thing' is a dipstick. It must be installed with the flat side towards the middle of the tractor, or IIRC the gears will eat it.

/ BCS 715 transmission oil check?
That 'vent thing' is a dipstick. It must be installed with the flat side towards the middle of the tractor, or IIRC the gears will eat it.

Now that I have been able to remove and check the transmission with your help - When you say flat side towards middle of tractor when replacing the dipstick - that would be flat side facing the back of the transmission where the shifter is located and in your picture towards the right side of the picture?

/ BCS 715 transmission oil check? #4  
Now that I have been able to remove and check the transmission with your help - When you say flat side towards middle of tractor when replacing the dipstick - that would be flat side facing the back of the transmission where the shifter is located and in your picture towards the right side of the picture?

No, the flat side should face towards the top of the picture.

/ BCS 715 transmission oil check?