Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default My new to me BCS 715

    Here is a picture of the used BCS 715 with tiller attachment I bought yesterday. I appreciate all the help from this forum with my trying to figure out how to check transmission oil and tiller gear box oil. I have no manuals but I have ordered a CD. I have looked for over a year for a good used heavy duty rear tine tiller and this one came up on Craig's List in Tampa Bay where I live. Prior to conducting research on this one I had never heard of BCS two wheel tractors. I am very impressed now that I have this one and from the research and input from others. I was looking for a heavy duty tiller to last me a lifetime and I believe I have made a good choice. Mine will only be used for tilling as I already have a kubota 4wd diesel tractor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tiller-jpg  

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Congratulations on the 715, looks to be in great shape!! You definetly have found a lifetime investment with a little care and maintenance.

  3. #3
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Looks real good and you got the wider tiller, what is it 26"?

    One thing you should do is leave the clutch lever latched in(like you do when you start it) when not in use. Otherwise the clutches have been know to stick.

    We've got a 4WD diesel tractor too, but our BCS gets used about as much.

  4. #4
    Elite Member milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    3,194
    Location
    Ky
    Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    I think you got a really good deal on that machine, and it will last you for many years. I bought a new 735 in 1987 and it's still going strong. Here's a link that might interest you if you haven't seen it yet, lots of info and pics.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2...ing-using.html
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

  5. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Quote Originally Posted by clytle374 View Post
    Looks real good and you got the wider tiller, what is it 26"?

    One thing you should do is leave the clutch lever latched in(like you do when you start it) when not in use. Otherwise the clutches have been know to stick.

    We've got a 4WD diesel tractor too, but our BCS gets used about as much.
    The tiller box measures 26" across. Is that how you tell the width or do you actually measure the tines across? The box is a full 26" though. Thanks for the tip on the clutch. I am going to go out and do that now.

  6. #6
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Thanks. I have ordered the CD on this as I do not have a manual. I am still trying to figure out the tiller box gear oil access point. I have looked it all over and I cannot see where it is but I have not yet removed the hood. I was waiting until I received the CD. I am going to go ahead and change out all fluids, new spark plug and I am going to need new tires sometime in the near future as these have some dry rot. These tires read 4.00 x 8. I saw on ebay some that are reasonable for a pair. Less than $100 with shipping but I will have to install.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Quote Originally Posted by clytle374 View Post
    Looks real good and you got the wider tiller, what is it 26"?

    One thing you should do is leave the clutch lever latched in(like you do when you start it) when not in use. Otherwise the clutches have been know to stick.

    We've got a 4WD diesel tractor too, but our BCS gets used about as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    I think you got a really good deal on that machine, and it will last you for many years. I bought a new 735 in 1987 and it's still going strong. Here's a link that might interest you if you haven't seen it yet, lots of info and pics.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2...ing-using.html
    Thanks. I wound up paying $500 for this machine. The owner had no use for it and had bought it used himself. I am the 3rd and final owner.

  8. #8
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzrider View Post
    Thanks. I have ordered the CD on this as I do not have a manual. I am still trying to figure out the tiller box gear oil access point. I have looked it all over and I cannot see where it is but I have not yet removed the hood. I was waiting until I received the CD. I am going to go ahead and change out all fluids, new spark plug and I am going to need new tires sometime in the near future as these have some dry rot. These tires read 4.00 x 8. I saw on ebay some that are reasonable for a pair. Less than $100 with shipping but I will have to install.
    Yeah, that's a 26" tiller. Our 715 had a 20" on it. Our new 852 has a 26", but it is narrowed to 20" for cultivating between rows all the time. The extra 6" was cheap enough that we got it. You can narrow all the BCS tillers by removing tines and/or bobbins and adjusting the hood ends. Yours should, IIRC, work as a 18", 20",and 26" tiller. It's all in the manual you get on the CD.

    As far as the oil fill plug: You are not going to find it with the hood on. Note that the vertical center part of the hood is actually 2 pieces, hiding this.

  9. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Thanks for the photos. THAT is why I cannot see or feel the dang plug!! You are correct. The hood must come off!! I see there is one bolt that seems to be holding on the hood and then another that is where the height adjustment lever is. I do not see how I can just remove the center portion but I will take another look. How do you draw the arrows on your photos? That is a great help.

  10. #10
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    123

    Default Re: My new to me BCS 715

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzrider View Post
    Thanks for the photos. THAT is why I cannot see or feel the dang plug!! You are correct. The hood must come off!! I see there is one bolt that seems to be holding on the hood and then another that is where the height adjustment lever is. I do not see how I can just remove the center portion but I will take another look. How do you draw the arrows on your photos? That is a great help.
    You remove the two connections at the rear that you just mentioned and it will tilt up pivoting on the one bolt at the front. The center piece doesn't come out by itself.

    I draw the arrows with a program called GIMP. I run Linux and it is a free Image Manipulation Program. It is confusing, I really only know how to resize pictures. I just learned drawing the arrows, but still can't figure out how to change to color of what I draw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BCS Model 715 tiller?
    By Ezzrider in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 09:47 AM
  2. BCS 715 manual
    By Ezzrider in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 05:26 PM
  3. BCS 715 Clutch sticking
    By Eric_Phillips in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 03:41 PM
  4. BCS 715 transmission oil check?
    By Ezzrider in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 09:18 AM
  5. BCS 715 Tractor Clutch
    By hwm in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.