My new to me BCS 715

/ My new to me BCS 715 #1  

Ezzrider

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
Here is a picture of the used BCS 715 with tiller attachment I bought yesterday. I appreciate all the help from this forum with my trying to figure out how to check transmission oil and tiller gear box oil. I have no manuals but I have ordered a CD. I have looked for over a year for a good used heavy duty rear tine tiller and this one came up on Craig's List in Tampa Bay where I live. Prior to conducting research on this one I had never heard of BCS two wheel tractors. I am very impressed now that I have this one and from the research and input from others. I was looking for a heavy duty tiller to last me a lifetime and I believe I have made a good choice. Mine will only be used for tilling as I already have a Kubota 4wd diesel tractor.

Attachments

• Tiller.jpg
    Tiller.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 7,882
   / My new to me BCS 715 #2  
Congratulations on the 715, looks to be in great shape!! You definetly have found a lifetime investment with a little care and maintenance.

/ My new to me BCS 715 #3  
Looks real good and you got the wider tiller, what is it 26"?

One thing you should do is leave the clutch lever latched in(like you do when you start it) when not in use. Otherwise the clutches have been know to stick.

We've got a 4WD diesel tractor too, but our BCS gets used about as much.

/ My new to me BCS 715 #4  
   / My new to me BCS 715

One thing you should do is leave the clutch lever latched in(like you do when you start it) when not in use. Otherwise the clutches have been know to stick.

The tiller box measures 26" across. Is that how you tell the width or do you actually measure the tines across? The box is a full 26" though. Thanks for the tip on the clutch. I am going to go out and do that now.

/ My new to me BCS 715
Thanks. I have ordered the CD on this as I do not have a manual. I am still trying to figure out the tiller box gear oil access point. I have looked it all over and I cannot see where it is but I have not yet removed the hood. I was waiting until I received the CD. I am going to go ahead and change out all fluids, new spark plug and I am going to need new tires sometime in the near future as these have some dry rot. These tires read 4.00 x 8. I saw on ebay some that are reasonable for a pair. Less than $100 with shipping but I will have to install.

/ My new to me BCS 715

I think you got a really good deal on that machine, and it will last you for many years. I bought a new 735 in 1987 and it's still going strong. Here's a link that might interest you if you haven't seen it yet, lots of info and pics.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/2-wheeled-tractors/40025-2-wheel-tractors-buying-using.html

Thanks. I wound up paying $500 for this machine. The owner had no use for it and had bought it used himself. I am the 3rd and final owner.

/ My new to me BCS 715 #8  
Thanks. I have ordered the CD on this as I do not have a manual. I am still trying to figure out the tiller box gear oil access point. I have looked it all over and I cannot see where it is but I have not yet removed the hood. I was waiting until I received the CD. I am going to go ahead and change out all fluids, new spark plug and I am going to need new tires sometime in the near future as these have some dry rot. These tires read 4.00 x 8. I saw on ebay some that are reasonable for a pair. Less than $100 with shipping but I will have to install.

Yeah, that's a 26" tiller. Our 715 had a 20" on it. Our new 852 has a 26", but it is narrowed to 20" for cultivating between rows all the time. The extra 6" was cheap enough that we got it. You can narrow all the BCS tillers by removing tines and/or bobbins and adjusting the hood ends. Yours should, IIRC, work as a 18", 20",and 26" tiller. It's all in the manual you get on the CD.

As far as the oil fill plug: You are not going to find it with the hood on. Note that the vertical center part of the hood is actually 2 pieces, hiding this.
tillerplug.jpg

/ My new to me BCS 715
Thanks for the photos. THAT is why I cannot see or feel the dang plug!! You are correct. The hood must come off!! I see there is one bolt that seems to be holding on the hood and then another that is where the height adjustment lever is. I do not see how I can just remove the center portion but I will take another look. How do you draw the arrows on your photos? That is a great help.

/ My new to me BCS 715 #10  
Thanks for the photos. THAT is why I cannot see or feel the dang plug!! You are correct. The hood must come off!! I see there is one bolt that seems to be holding on the hood and then another that is where the height adjustment lever is. I do not see how I can just remove the center portion but I will take another look. How do you draw the arrows on your photos? That is a great help.

You remove the two connections at the rear that you just mentioned and it will tilt up pivoting on the one bolt at the front. The center piece doesn't come out by itself.

I draw the arrows with a program called GIMP. I run Linux and it is a free Image Manipulation Program. It is confusing, I really only know how to resize pictures. I just learned drawing the arrows, but still can't figure out how to change to color of what I draw.