Horse manure weight??

/ Horse manure weight?? #21  
I see your conundrum. You cannot be present during the "loading" as they are always shoveling into your trailer. OK.

Tell them to stop at 1/2 way and call you to come get. Try and error is the only way you're going to solve this. Man, I wish I had such a deal as you have.

BTW, do not put raw manure on your garden. Just a little side tip. You really want to bake the stuff in a compost pile for almost a year before using. Note my signature.:)

/ Horse manure weight??
bp fic
I believe I am going to tell them to stop at no more than the fender well top which is about 1 foot fill height. That will still give me around 2.8 yards though. I have read figures from 250 to 1400 lbs for a yard of horse manure. As I cannot be there when the trailer is being loaded I am just going to have to do a trial and error method and hopefully the errors won't be too bad and I have a breakdown. The absolute last thing I want is to be broke down on the side of the road with a load of manure!! I have read and been told by my county extension service that manure should compost for at least 90 days prior to any havesting. By the way I looked at the youtube on your garden and I am jealous. You have a great garden and property. I have 3 acres with about 2000 square feet in gardens (so far). I need a lot of manure!!!

/ Horse manure weight?? #23  
Depending on how much bedding is mixed in with the load will change your weight calculations also. Wet bedding is very heavy, much more so than just manure. Without an actual percentage of moisture (or a scale) it is almost impossable to accurately calulate the weight of a load. I think that the Squat-O Meter is going to be the most accurate way of determining what you can haul. 90 days seems like a pretty quick application time for horse manure? 2000 square feet can be alot of weeds!

/ Horse manure weight??
mpapiary
This is my first time using Horse Manure from stables. I am certain I will learn a lot. There was a decent amount of stall bedding mixed in the manure and it has been raining a lot lately. I believe the manure got really wet in the trailer even though it is fresh manure. I have now asked them to put a tarp on the trailer after loading each day. I am concerned about the weeds, time for composting, etc. I am trying to use renewable sources of fertilizer and soil enhancement. In Central Florida we have sandy soil that must be enhanced with something. In the spring I spent a small fortune buying the bags of composted manure from Home Depot and Lowes. That really will not work as I need far to much. I am trying to find a better way. Thanks.

/ Horse manure weight?? #25  
Horse manure will work well, just need to give it adequite time to compost. I generaly let ours set for about a year before spreading, but thats probably overkill. I am in Ohio so our growing season is much shorter than yours. We have two horses here and the manure is mixed with manure from our cattle and goats. There is old hay mixed in along with wood chip bedding and shreaded newspaper (Which I make with my Bio-100 on the 725) and we just load it all into a spreader and unload into a pile. I turn the pile a couple times a year and then try to clean it up before spring planting. Covering your trailer is a good idea as you don't want the load to get too heavy. More manure with less water what you want. Good luck with the project!

/ Horse manure weight??
I picked up my trailer this morning and it was a little over half full. I had marked around the bed with orange tape one foot up into the bed and asked they stopped there. We also put a plastic tarp in the trailer to be put on top of the manure at the end of each day. When I picked up the trailer this morning they had filled it a little higher than I had marked but the tarp was in place and the load was not too heavy for the trailer. I believe the tarp made a huge difference as we have been getting daily downpours. Also they did not try to fill the trailer up. I believe I now have a good idea of the propper load of manure for my trailer although I still do not have a clue what the manure actually weighs.

/ Horse manure weight?? #27  
I still do not have a clue what the manure actually weighs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any business in your area such as grain companies, fertilizer companies, gravel co. etc etc. with scales, most folks are most welcome to use their facilities to weigh an occasional load. Just weigh your rig empty and then again loaded on the way home. Sometimes they will even keep the ticket of the initial weight there for you when you return a week or so later.

I'm still trying to develop a Squat-O-Meter for your trailer. The flashing green, amber and red lights with an audible siren on red are causing me some problems.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Horse manure weight??
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any business in your area such as grain companies, fertilizer companies, gravel co. etc etc. with scales, most folks are most welcome to use their facilities to weigh an occasional load. Just weigh your rig empty and then again loaded on the way home. Sometimes they will even keep the ticket of the initial weight there for you when you return a week or so later.

I'm still trying to develop a Squat-O-Meter for your trailer. The flashing green, amber and red lights with an audible siren on red are causing me some problems.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I will admit you had me on the Squat-O-Meter!! You know I actually went online and tried to find a Squat-O-Meter!! Ya got me good! :) By the way we are going Snipe hunting this weekend and I would love to have you go hunt with us. In fact you could even be the first to go out. Don't worry we can teach you all about how to hunt the Snipes. They are really plentiful this year. I don't really have any truck scales close to my route with the trailer. I wish I did just for my on piece of mind.

/ Horse manure weight?? #29  
I have a manure spreader, Pequea 110. Horse Manure, with a Kabota Tractor. I want to pull the spreader with a 2nd vehicle. How do I calculate the requirements for the pull vehicle?

/ Horse manure weight?? #30  
I have a manure spreader, Pequea 110. Horse Manure, with a Kabota Tractor. I want to pull the spreader with a 2nd vehicle. How do I calculate the requirements for the pull vehicle?

Welcome to the forum. Generally speaking, as long as your tow vehicle weighs more than what you want to tow unless it has brakes you are good to go. If it's flat land or really steep you adjust accordingly. Also, FYI, it's kubota.