video of my friend's Grillo 131d with powered trailer

/ video of my friend's Grillo 131d with powered trailer #1  

farmerboybill

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel
Hey all,

Here's a video of Eric's Grillo 131d with powered trailer. The two wheel tractor powers its own wheel AND the wheels of the trailer. He says he could climb a tree if he wanted. It's kinda slow and has a large turning radius, but it can haul a ton - literally 2000 lbs.

YouTube - Grillo 131d with powered trailer

Bill in WI

/ video of my friend's Grillo 131d with powered trailer #2  
Bill, I enjoyed watching a two-wheel tractor pull a heavy load under those conditions. Interesting how the trailer has a steering wheel. How about shooting another video with close-ups and audible explanations of the linkages, brakes, seat and other aspects? Inquiring minds want to know more about the Grillo powered wagon.
Bill in NC

/ video of my friend's Grillo 131d with powered trailer #4  
Bill, awesome videos! Thank you!

It was interesting seeing the handlebars reversed and pulled down around the engine. The brake and clutch cables being routed to the footpedals makes sense. What I don't understand is how the rig steers. When the steering wheel is turned, what happens? Does it slow down one wheel much like a bulldozer slows one track or does something else take place?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Thanks again for the outstanding videos.
Bill in NC

/ video of my friend's Grillo 131d with powered trailer #5  
Bill, awesome videos! Thank you!

It was interesting seeing the handlebars reversed and pulled down around the engine. The brake and clutch cables being routed to the footpedals makes sense. What I don't understand is how the rig steers. When the steering wheel is turned, what happens? Does it slow down one wheel much like a bulldozer slows one track or does something else take place?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Thanks again for the outstanding videos.
Bill in NC

It sort of articulates at the hitch. The steering linkage pushes or pulls on one side of the tractor to make it turn.

Wish I could afford one. Still looking for a used Grillo, BCS or Goldoni.

/ video of my friend's Grillo 131d with powered trailer #6  
That is really useful tool, but can you give us some idea of the time it takes to go from implement to trailer. I know you have to reroute the clutch cable and I assume the throttle cable, what about the gearshift? Just wondering if it would be practical for everyday use, back and forth from trailer to implement. I know the tractor has brakes on the handlebar and the trailer has a foot brake, am I correct to assume that just using the foot brake on the trailer also brakes the tractor wheels through the transmission.? If I was buying again, I would be real interested in the Grillo, but my 735 BCS will probably live longer than me.:)