Power wheel barrow

/ Power wheel barrow #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Just finished my version of Old Mech's power wheel barrow. his insights and ideas were priceless, big thanks. My tractor is a BCS 725 with 8 hp Kolher magnum. Used an old barrow tub, picked up about 20 years ago, been though at least two sets of handles and wheels, just couldn't let it go.:) Dump tub is removeable, will build a rack to haul wood later. the heavy frame is 2" square tubing, under the tub is 1" tubing. The axles and hinges for dump are old shock rods. King pins are 1", greaseable. Wheel camber is about 6". Turns good, very light frontend when empty. Moved a bunch of mulch today, worked great.

Attachments

• IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 4,266
  • IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    879.9 KB · Views: 16,383
  • IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 4,745
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 8,030
   / Power wheel barrow #2  
Outstanding ! That will sure give the DR. A run for the money !

/ Power wheel barrow #3  
Look's great. Does it seem tippy on hills or is the stance wide enough to feel stable? It looks up kinda high but I see why, to allow the barrow the dump.

/ Power wheel barrow
RIght now the quick hitch allows too much rotation, so yes it will turn over, but just the tub. I will be welding on some "anti-tilt" stops today, and I think the weight of the tractor will keep it down. The barrow seems high, but I'm not smart enough to get everything to work and it be lower. You are right, it is that high to dump and for the wheels to swivel. I'l let you know how well it works on steep ground shortly. I've got plenty of that to try.

/ Power wheel barrow #5  
Hi! Congratulation! Very good job. You have make a fine frame. I use mine a lot last year. I think I move or haul more 30-40 tons of material. Empty go better in reverse. For hill I must go square front hill NOT with any angles . I Go or Dump on side one time . With no dommage! I learn! I can Go square Easy front hill with a full load (near 400lbs more than the tractor) on 30 degres step hill. Load transfert by engine torque is impressive! AT first begin with light load. Be careful . Good luck ! Oldmech

/ Power wheel barrow
Fixed the hitch rotation. Old Mech is right, common sense says go straight up the hill. Straight down can be fun with a load. I think I will like it a lot, wife even thinks it's a good idea:) Just broght a load of firewood off the hill, about a 200ft vertical climb in 500 ft. (steep). No problem, but I think I might want brakes on the tractor.

/ Power wheel barrow #7  
awesome!:thumbsup:

/ Power wheel barrow #8  
Hey that's cool, but I think I will stick to buying a ready made one. Anyone have any experience with one of these power wheel barrows they look alright but seem a little pricey.

/ Power wheel barrow
The electric one look good, but you are right, a little pricey. Have to wonder if they can actually handle steep or rough ground. The reason I like mine is I'm headed out to move wood then I'll hook up the snowblower to get ready for the snow tonight, same power unit.

/ Power wheel barrow #10  
Hey that's cool, but I think I will stick to buying a ready made one. Anyone have any experience with one of these power wheel barrows they look alright but seem a little pricey.

if you are not stuck on electric, maybe check out the DR power wagons. A little higher payload and no recharging. Though it looks physically bigger so may be an issue in tight areas. This one is about the same price, they have one a little cheaper.

DR Powerwagon: Pro Self-Propelled Model 6.75 FPT Briggs Engine | - DR Power Equipment