Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1500, 1938 Allis Chalmers model M

Default Earth Tools generator attachment?

Does anyone have experience with the generator attachment for BCS/Grillo sold by Earth Tools? Just wondering how it has worked out for emergency outages, etc. One disadvantage I can see is that the engine speed has to be continuous high speed, whereas most dedicated generators will idle down when the electrical load drops. It would be nice not to have to maintain yet another gas engine though.

Silver Member

Default Re: Earth Tools generator attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by spurlocktool View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the generator attachment for BCS/Grillo sold by Earth Tools? Just wondering how it has worked out for emergency outages, etc. One disadvantage I can see is that the engine speed has to be continuous high speed, whereas most dedicated generators will idle down when the electrical load drops. It would be nice not to have to maintain yet another gas engine though.
    I saw one when I was there. Looks to be well built. I like the idea of one less engine, as long as you mean rare emergency use. Other than that, I hate to put that many hours on the motor and tractor. Lots extra parts turning too.

As far as a dedicated generator idling down: Few do, some Hondas do. Those are inverter types, since the 60hz of the AC power is dependent on the rpm of the engine.

Cory