BCS Parts supplier

/ BCS Parts supplier #1  

studor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma 284(Spirit fel), MF 135 (MF200 fel)
I am trying to help a neighbour in the country who was given a BCS735 with an ACME engine, tiller and blower that was sitting outside for a time. The tiller needs a shaft and gear set and the local quote is five hundred bucks:confused2: .Anyone know a parts supplier where he will not have to pledge his first born as payment?

/ BCS Parts supplier #2  
Hey studor,

I've rebuilt several of these tiller units. Unfortunately, that might be the going rate anywhere. When those shafts go bad (usually due to neglect or abuse), it's better to strip it for useable parts (the tine hubs sell for 70 bucks new) and buy another spline PTO tiller. Most good splined tillers can be had for 300 bucks.

What, specifically is wrong with the shafts? Stripped PTO splines, stripped gears, or broken shafts?

/ BCS Parts supplier
The gears are stripped -your comment on neglect was correct. Do all the gears come off the shafts?

/ BCS Parts supplier #4  
Hey,

What do you mean by the gears coming off the shafts? I have pressed the bull gear off the cross shaft before, but I think the drive gear is one piece.

Bill

/ BCS Parts supplier #5  
I am trying to help a neighbour in the country who was given a BCS735 with an ACME engine, tiller and blower that was sitting outside for a time. The tiller needs a shaft and gear set and the local quote is five hundred bucks:confused2: .Anyone know a parts supplier where he will not have to pledge his first born as payment?
Is there a parts supplier in North America for BCS Tillers? I am from Canada so Canada would be best B.C. even better. Thanks Crispy

/ BCS Parts supplier #6  
I've used the BCS shop in Massachusetts (BCS Gardening Equipment) and Earth Tools located in Kentucky (Earth Tools - Walk-Behind Tractors - (502) 484-3988) for parts for my 605. Both places were very helpful. I eventually replaced my Acme engine with a Honda take off from Earth Tools- they take the new Hondas off to replace with diesels. They even bought my Acme for their spare parts. By the way, the Acme died when the clip failed on the valve spring. When that went, the valve hit the piston, etc, etc. Of course it happened at the end of the season, when I use my BCS to vacuum up and chop the leaves. I remember trying to finish it with a push mower, what a difference. And then it snowed.....

That was about 5 years ago, itt was worth it, the Honda engine starts with one or two pulls (depending on how fresh my gas is!) and does not dislocate my shoulder when I start up the snow blower at 5 AM.

Mildly kidding about the shoulder...... :laughing: That Acme (11 hp?) was one tough bugger to pull!!

/ BCS Parts supplier #7  
Its good to know there are usable 605 units still running. I have not used my 605 very much but it certainly can throw snow.