2-Wheeled Tractor Racing

/ 2-Wheeled Tractor Racing #1  

Coloradoan

Tractor
BCS 852
Formula PF 62 Grand Prix de Ctiboř is an annual race of vintage Czecho-Slovak made 2-wheel tractors, probably one of top 3 most dangerous races in the world.

The 5 HP 2-cycle machines Motorobot PF-61, 62 & 63Diesel, nicknamed Freza (Mill) were made ca. 1950-1980. The competitors from Czechia and Slovakia met again this year in the historic village of Ctiboř (first mentioned 1233 AD, about half way between Prague and Vienna). The main prize was a can of gritty hand cleaner Solvina.

Consider your schedule if you plan to visit central Europe next year. Prague is overcrowded and Vienna boring. The action is in Ctiboř:

Competitors arriving

More competitors arriving

Even more competitors arriving?

Race lineup, original Le Mans-style start (running towards the machines, notice drivers carrying their leather pull belts)

Pick up & carry parallel race

Back up slalom

Handicap pick up & carry race with a spectacular full speed crash, driver thrown from the tractor

Prizes for race survivors (OSHA disclaimer: understand that these are tough people who made it through 4 decades of Communism and notice that Superman placed only second)

Last edited:
   / 2-Wheeled Tractor Racing
Yes, Sir. As a teenager I thought these 2-wheel mills driven around the villages by grumpy old men were the most embarrassing thing on earth.

Now I am itching to get a cart or a sulky for my 2-wheeler and remove all doubt for my neighbors who already suspect that I'm mentally unstable for owning one (hat tip to Joe Smith).

I know a modern 13 HP gasoline BCS doesn't make the same impression as a PF-63D with a puffing 2-stroke diesel but I think BATFE wouldn't let me import one.

One thing is sure---either one of these encounters in the woods would do it for my neighbors:

Attachments

• PF-62 Driver 1.jpg
    PF-62 Driver 1.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 11,072
  • PF-62 Driver 2.jpg
    PF-62 Driver 2.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 1,833
  • Matthew, Inc. Credit.png
    Matthew, Inc. Credit.png
    3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
   / 2-Wheeled Tractor Racing #4  
Hi! Thanks for videos. In Europa They are a lot of two-Wheels tractors for many years. I like walk behind but sometime I take a ride with my Grillo 107d The trailer was for VTT ( home made) I add a seat and a new tongue . Grillo at full throttle in gear 4 is fast. Good Luck! Oldmech

Attachments

• Grillorem3.jpg
    Grillorem3.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 10,723
   / 2-Wheeled Tractor Racing #5  
Thanks. I enjoyed seeing that.

Hi Jean Marc:

Hi! Thanks for videos. In Europa They are a lot of two-Wheels tractors for many years. I like walk behind but sometime I take a ride with my Grillo 107d The trailer was for VTT ( home made) I add a seat and a new tongue . Grillo at full throttle in gear 4 is fast. Good Luck! Oldmech

Thanks for posting a picture of your new trailer. I don't think I've seen it before---I remember your red one with the straight tongue. I see you can keep a rear tiller attached to your 107d under the raised trailer tongue. Can you post a picture of the tongue detail?

And how fast do you go in 4th gear behind your Grillo? Like these open category gentlemen in Flehingen? :confused2:

Last edited:
   / 2-Wheeled Tractor Racing #7  
Hi! The garden trailer 10 cu.ft was good for small jobs. But now not enough for my need. With ATV trailer 15 cu.ft I can load 1000 lbs dirt . 1/3 cord wood etc..This one dump. I make offset tongue for add a PTO water pump. I use it with 3 x 50 gals barrels in my trailer. I was going at the river for pick up water for garden. The offset tongue , the seat and the foot steps are not welded on the trailer. They are bolted. So adjustable and removable. I give you some measures V metal bar are 2 in. x 2in. x.25 Offset is 9.5 in. height with two 1 in.x 2.in x .25 L steel welded together. Total length is 44 in. The small attach offset is down 2.5 in. Seat is 15 in. height. I use it often. Seat and feet step make it comfortable . The Grillo top speed is 8.3 mph. but look for me faster. Good luck! Oldmech

Attachments

• tongue1.jpg
    tongue1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 822
  • tongue2.jpg
    tongue2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 355
  • tongue3.jpg
    tongue3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 473
  • tongue4.jpg
    tongue4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 724
Oldmech:

I was racking my brain which driven implement was so important to you to make the offset tongue and I could not figure it out. A water pump! You make the Grillo earn its keep---3 x 50 gal barrels would be 1250 lbs of water if they were full. How far is your river? You can travel in style and comfort as you get the work done.

Thanks for the detail pictures and measurements. I am not ready to fabricate yet because I am still setting up my shop and replacing my tools after the house fire but I keep a computer folder with your creations and ideas so I won't have to hunt for them later. Your posts are most valuable to me.

A little aside about the old Motorobot PF-62:

When I decided to get a 2-wheel tractor myself I tried to remember what I knew from the old country. It was not much---as a teenager I was mostly interested in the daughters (or granddaughters) of the men driving their PF-62 mills around and I did not pay much attention to their machines and implements. When I started looking on the web I found a thriving community keeping these veteran tractors alive and working (just like others do with their old domestic brands here, in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and elsewhere).

And now the tables have turned. I hope to be on my tractor when local teenage boys come to visit and I know they won't be interested in my machinery. Well, maybe some will---like this young man on his indestructible 1965 diesel.

/ 2-Wheeled Tractor Racing #9  
some Videos from Switzerland and Germany

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63exR1YCnsQ]Einachserrennen Schönenberg 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqYt45zYAh0]Einachserrennen Zorn Speedfreak Einachser - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgqg7PDv_TI]Einachserrennen Bermbach 2010 Racing Team Bermbach 11 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dnI0pr5NzI]einachserrennen bermbach Hausmeister Power.mp4 2 lauf - YouTube[/ame]

at youtube You will find a few keyword is einachserrennen

/ 2-Wheeled Tractor Racing #10  
those 2 wheel tractor racing videos are way cool!