BCS power barrow

/ BCS power barrow #11  
Timber, I haven't bought one yet, but I'm looking at those also. The big 1,000 capacity one looks awesome for hauling soil and amendments.

/ BCS power barrow #12  
I have an Earthtools power wheelbarrow. It does works well and is a good design. I use it with my 737 and find it is the ticket for an old guy like me for moving stuff up and down hilly terrain.
Bill in NC

/ BCS power barrow
Yes, it goes down quite well also. I was hauling full loads of rock down, dirt back up. Helps to have a place to stop(flat), and you do need to go straight up and down, no cross slope. the gears keep it slow, and sometimes I back down the hill. Also note I added a brake to the 725:thumbsup: The tub is also locked down, won't dump until I want to.

/ BCS power barrow
The brake is not too hard to install. Ordered from Earthworks, have to take off wheel and pull hub, then just put it all back. Pulling the hub was interesting, don't remember exactly how, then lining up the peices is just like a puzzle.....I'm not good at puzzles so that took a little while:)

/ BCS power barrow #17  
Hi Jobob,

I assume you know this, but thought it should be said anyway -

Keep in mind that adding a brake to a solid axle machine is not the same as having a machine with locking differential and steering brakes. Both wheels will still turn at the same time all the time. It is a parking brake and a slow-down brake, not a steering brake.

/ BCS power barrow
Very true, that brake is just a whoa brake- not turning brakes. It only works for stopping and as a parking brake. One of these days maybe I will be able to afford a BCS with a diff.

/ BCS power barrow #19  
Keep in mind that adding a brake to a solid axle machine is not the same as having a machine with locking differential and steering brakes.

Of course not. The model numbers don't speak to me in terms of axle/differential types.

JBB

/ BCS power barrow #20  
Revisiting an old thread. Do you think it would work without the caster wheels on the front. More like:
DSC01158.jpg
The above unit is all wheel drive so I'm sure it would work better than a 2wd bcs with steering brakes on what would be the rear drive wheels. Would sure simplify construction. Just thinking as I prepare to build my own power barrow attachment for my bcs 853.
-Chris