BCS 737 tiller to snow blower conversion

/ BCS 737 tiller to snow blower conversion #1  

unnet

Tractor
Kubota M5700
It's been a long time since I put my snow blower on my 737. In attempting to swing from a back implement to a front implement one of my control rods won't pivot around. It's the rod that controls engaging/disengaging the PTO. I can't tell if if it is supposed to twist around at the bottom of the rod or in the flex joint above the rubber half-donut thing. I don't want to force it just in case one of you can tell me which part I should focus on. WD 40 hasn't had any effect. Or does anyone know a BCS mechanic I could call? I'm up in Alaska and I can't find anyone who knows the machine.

/ BCS 737 tiller to snow blower conversion #2  
Hey Unnet,

The Lever should pivot at the bottom of the shaft. There's a spring pin that holds the whole unit in. Odds are that you're gonna need to drive out this pin and give it a good dose of a good penetrating oil. WD40 is OK, but there are much better ones out there. Kroil is one. PB Blaster is another. Liquid wrench is a third. If good oil and gentle twisting with a vise grip don't work, you may need to heat it. I doubt this will be necessary because it doesn't sound like your machine is seized tight. I've had to disassemble the main pivot point on many of these 605, 737, 830, 850's. Just about every one I've ever worked on, in fact.

/ BCS 737 tiller to snow blower conversion
Thank you for the help. I'll work on that tomorrow. It's still snowing out there now!

/ BCS 737 tiller to snow blower conversion #4  
In a pinch, you can pull the cotter pin that holds the long lever on, take the long lever completely off, and use the 737 with the blower. You'll just have to engage the PTO at the short lever.