Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    11
    Location
    France
    Tractor
    BCS-740 (petrol-GX390)

    Default BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives

    Hello all

    I need to replace the oil filter on my BCS-740 (European Powersafe) petrol-driven (Honda 390).

    The BCS order number is 58056249.

    Are the PH9928 , Bosch 0451104025, Hengst H97W12, etc. exactly compatible ?

    Best regards

    Ray

  2. #2
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    463
    Location
    Quebec
    Tractor
    Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel

    Default Re: BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives

    Hi| I dont have BCS 740. But with my experience. Each filter number have some specs as 10-20-30 or 40 microns some have pressure valve etc. So I recommand you. Take the BCS filter . This one is makes for PowerSafe specs. If you use a bad filter you can have trouble. You are lucky the BCS filter is not very expensive. Some company Hold-Up peoples with Sixty dollars filter. Goods Luck Oldmech

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    54
    Location
    Hohenwald, TN
    Tractor
    BCS 715 diesel, 853 diesel , Grillo G131 diesel

    Default Re: BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives

    Quote Originally Posted by RussellRay View Post
    Hello all

    I need to replace the oil filter on my BCS-740 (European Powersafe) petrol-driven (Honda 390).

    The BCS order number is 58056249.

    Are the PH9928 , Bosch 0451104025, Hengst H97W12, etc. exactly compatible ?

    Best regards

    Ray
    Hi RussellRay
    My recommendation is to use the BCS Filter. For whatever reason I find some of my customers are using NON-BCS filters. I tell them NOT to use aftermarket filters. I really don't understand why folks don't just order the correct filter? Why take the time and look for a filter that MAY work instead of ordering the correct one? One may end up saving a couple of dollars price wise, but if you factor in the time wasted looking for an aftermarket filter, there is no savings and only additional risk. Saving money sounds great, however, what if the tractor ends up having issues trans/clutch for whatever reason? If end user is not using the correct filter any potential warranty claim could be denied. Why risk this for a couple of dollars? I am not telling you what to do, just giving my thoughts on this for you and any others who run "Powersafe" tractors. Here in the USA the filters only cost $14. If someone purchased a $3,000/$4,000 machine, the $14 filter cost should be insignificant.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    29
    Location
    Riverton, Utah
    Tractor
    BCS 720, BCS 739

    Default Re: BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives

    Quote Originally Posted by rickyd79 View Post
    Hi RussellRay
    My recommendation is to use the BCS Filter. For whatever reason I find some of my customers are using NON-BCS filters. I tell them NOT to use aftermarket filters. I really don't understand why folks don't just order the correct filter? Why take the time and look for a filter that MAY work instead of ordering the correct one? One may end up saving a couple of dollars price wise, but if you factor in the time wasted looking for an aftermarket filter, there is no savings and only additional risk. Saving money sounds great, however, what if the tractor ends up having issues trans/clutch for whatever reason? If end user is not using the correct filter any potential warranty claim could be denied. Why risk this for a couple of dollars? I am not telling you what to do, just giving my thoughts on this for you and any others who run "Powersafe" tractors. Here in the USA the filters only cost $14. If someone purchased a $3,000/$4,000 machine, the $14 filter cost should be insignificant.

    I don't think it is a issue of saving a few bucks but rather finding a filter that you can pick up anywhere rather than having to order it through Earthtools or BCS. I have looked around for the same filter that I received from Earthtools and no one around here carries that same one. I just might order a couple extra next time so I can always have one around.

  5. #5
    Platinum Member farmerboybill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    742
    Location
    Southwestern Wisconsin
    Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

    Default Re: BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives

    I too didn't read it as trying to save a few bucks. He's looking at a Bosch, I doubt that's a bargain basement filter. I usually try to run the OEM filter in all my equipment, but will buy another brand if I need one in a hurry and it is given as a direct replacement. Doesn't much matter anymore. Most filters are made by just a few manufacturers to higher or lower specs depending on price.

    If the Bosch or Hengst catalogs state it as a direct replacement, and you can't get a BCS one for some reason, I'd go for it.
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, BCS 735 w/ Acme diesel, Agrizeta tracks, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, Berta 33" 2 stage snow blower, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Caravaggi stump grinder, BCS 59" duplex mower, Pallidino 20" flail mower, Ravenna trailer, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

    John Deere B, 60, 4430 open station, 4430 SGB, 4840, 317 skid steer, and all the implements to work 'em

  6. #6
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    54
    Location
    Hohenwald, TN
    Tractor
    BCS 715 diesel, 853 diesel , Grillo G131 diesel

    Default Re: BCS oil filter (BCS order no. 58056249) alternatives

    Quote Originally Posted by jrpeterson05 View Post
    I don't think it is a issue of saving a few bucks but rather finding a filter that you can pick up anywhere rather than having to order it through Earthtools or BCS. I have looked around for the same filter that I received from Earthtools and no one around here carries that same one. I just might order a couple extra next time so I can always have one around.
    Understood. Well I recommend the BCS filter. Even more so if your tractor is under warranty. I am just a dealer and have nothing to do with BCS warranties that get submitted to BCS Italy. Still better safe than sorry. Yes, you could always order 5 filters or something and then you are set for a long time. Any dealer can sell them to you including me.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2016, 07:47 PM
  2. BCS parts on back order...
    By TrapperJo in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2014, 02:47 PM
  3. Need some advice on bcs style mowers-zannon vs bcs (del marino)
    By BGigHarbor in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 08:01 PM
  4. BCS 725 - How does it compare to BCS 722 and BCS 735
    By multimiler in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 03:04 PM
  5. Snow Attachments BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance??
    By MikeB2005 in forum Snow Removal
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.