"Powersafe" clutch on BCS

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #1  

Bentleg

Bronze Member
Tractor
BCS 710
Ran across this. Here's a U-Tube video with pretty music...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiC9AedkFf0]BCS SISTEMA POWERSAFE - YouTube[/ame]

It seems to satisfy some new European safety standard. Its a hydrolic clutch that releases when you release the deadman lever. The motor keeps running but the wheels and implement stop immediately. Supposed to last forever. I like it.
Wonder it we will see it in the US....

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #2  
Hey Bentleg,

Unless the US goes toward the same rule, you'll never see the hydraulic clutch in the US. It adds considerably to the cost of the machine.

Bill in WI

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #3  
Not sure what that gets you that shutting the engine off (like BCS Dad has does) doesn't.

Aaron Z

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #4  
This meets a European safety standard. It doesn't apply to the U.S.A. Stopping the engine does the same thing but it's a European thing (shrug here).

Jim

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS
But the whole concept of a well built 2 wheel tractor is an European thing. The US makes nothing comparable.

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #6  
Hi! The Powersafe clutch. on BCS are not Hydrolic. This clutch is a multi-disc in oil bath. The handle with two cables drive a cam for press the multi-disc. The multi disc clutch in oil bath casing is very small. Very good Innovative ! I like it. This one is available on BCS 750. I think soon here in America . Good Luck! Oldmech

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #7  
The wet clutch models are available in the US and Canada for 2012.

The new models are the 740 (similar to the 853 and a 750, which is more in line with a 948

Have fun, oh and BCS know has new Literature showing the new units!

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #8  
Hi! I must to apologize here! Because I was wrong. I go on BCS web site. bcsagri.it . This mutidiscs clutch use hydraulic pressure with pump and oil filter . Very innovative. More safe for stop with Diesel engine. Can take some or more energy from engine I like less now Also . May be some trouble later. In Europa Bcs sold now 710-720-730-740-750 model with Powersafe Price look not very high . In these countries a new safety law is coming. Thanks and good luck! Oldmech

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #9  
I wonder if the hydraulic supply for the clutch has additional available "umph" for powering a small hydraulic attachment? If so, then we can possibly mount some low power movement type attachments.
Bill in NC

/ "Powersafe" clutch on BCS #10  
What would you move?
Would you change the tine depth on the tiller or adjust the cut of the flail mower or the R2 rotary harrow?

jim