BCS 737 price....

/ BCS 737 price.... #1  

next61

I am new to this forum and I have a question:
I was looking to get a BCS that is capable to run a rotary plow and the used market is a better option for my budget. Well,... until I found this 737 from a local nursery in Oregon. They want $2500 for a BCS 737 and $500 for a small tiller (16"). From what I understood, 737 is a 14-15 year old machine and has a different spline for PTO than the new ones. Is it too much or this is the going price for a beat up monster...? "Beat up" is just a metaphor for nursery work.
It seems that even though BCS America is up the road from me in Portland, these machines are more abundant on the used market on East Coast.

/ BCS 737 price.... #2  
Hey,

$3000 is a pretty high price for a 737. I'd say they should be at $2000 for a very nice one and $1500 for an average one. Sometimes you can find one for under $1000 on craigslist. You can get an 850 with tiller for $2000 pretty easy. It has a better transmission pattern, better reverser, and the 3 dog PTO. BTW, I've found you're in the heart of "Used BCS Country". Half of the machines I've owned (10 +/-) came from Washington or Oregon.

Unless it's something special, the tiller should be an 18,20, 26 inch convertable tiller (measure the shroud, not the tines). You can make it 20 inch by moving the shrouds out and adding two tines. To make it a 26 inch, you'll need hubs and 4 tines. The hubs are too expensive to buy new, but you should be able to find a shot tiller and get the hubs off it. I have a set to sell for half price if you get it.

The 737 is fine for using a rotary plow. Order it from Joel at Earth Tools and he'll set you up with the proper PTO splines without buying an adapter. It's just a matter of changing one part at no extra cost. You'll also want to buy your tines from him. Any local dealer will only sell you the current tines. They'll work, but Joel has the proper tines for a BCS tiller of any age.

/ BCS 737 price....
Thank you "Farmer"! I am probably looking for a tractor too early in the season?!?!?! All I could find was stock replacements from rental companies (710 or 712 if I'm not mistaken) and these overpriced "deals". I spoke with Joel in KS for a Grillo 84d but I was quoted over $500 for shipping and that's another reason why I'm looking locally. Craigslist is hit and miss; most of the time is a waste of time in my opinion...

/ BCS 737 price.... #4  
How about this one? It's a 725 - solid axle with no turning brakes - so it'll be a little harder to run a rotary plow with, but ya gotta start somewhere. You may get it all (20 inch tiller, 24 inch snowblower, BIO-100 chipper, sickle mower) for under a grand and upgrade when one with differential comes along.

BCS tiller, snow thrower, more

/ BCS 737 price.... #5  
BTW,

Feel free to go out and FIND one - Post a wanted ad in every local website and paper you can find. Some of the best deals I've gotten come to me.

I just bought a John Deere FM 6 row cultivator for $400 off a wanted ad on craigslist. Best part? - it was 20 miles away. He was gonna scrap it, but saw my ad and called before loading it. Now I got a cultivator to mount on my 4010 and keep my 40 acres of Organic soybeans weed-free (well as much as organic soybeans can be "weed-free"). See my Avatar? That's me on a 1955 John Deere 60 with a No. 400 front mount cultivator on it. Now picture it with a 4010 and 6-30 FM cultivator!