Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid?

/ Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid? #1  

farmerboybill

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel
Hey Gravely lovers -

I just saw a Gravely Rapid on eBay. It's NOS in Carrsville Virginia. Might be your chance to own a Hydro Gravely -

Gravely Rapid M Walk Behind Tractor with Mowing Deck, Plow and Cultivator | eBay

I'd buy it, but I just dropped 7K to have my 4010 fixed, bought a new-to-me Knight 716 manure spreader and a new-to-me John Deere FM 6 row 30 inch cultivator. If I brought another thing home, wife wouldn't throw me out, she'd KILL me!!!

/ Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid? #2  
That Swiss Gravely Rapid is still on ebay by the same guy. They don't seem to be selling well as I met a Gravely rep who said none of this dealers had ever bought one. I'd rather restore a Commercial model from the 1980s.

Any Gravely users have a Rapid and how to you like it?

/ Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid?
I think they look pretty cool - like something out of The Jetson's or a Dr Suess book. What boggles me is why they don't make them with reversible handles. Just from the picture, it looks like it'd only take a very little bit of engineering to do so. As Grillo, BCS, and Berta, (among many others) have proven, rear mount rotary plows and rear mount rototillers are more user-friendly than front mount.

Some day I'm gonna own a Gravely, it's just not high on my priority list. In fact I have even sold off some of my BCS equipment now that I'm farming full scale. I went from a BCS 38 inch mower to a Grasshopper 718 zero-turn. A hydro machine is sure nice for having the EXACT mowing speed you want, and I think the gravely would do very well as a walk-behind mower. Live PTO would be nice as well. Does this machine have live PTO?

/ Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid? #4  
Can you put grillo and bcs attachments on the new gravely's.

Th hydro is a nice feature, but 8 feel it prices them out of the market.

The looks (my least concern) are pretty cool.