Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

Arrow Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid?

Hey Gravely lovers -

I just saw a Gravely Rapid on eBay. It's NOS in Carrsville Virginia. Might be your chance to own a Hydro Gravely -

Gravely Rapid M Walk Behind Tractor with Mowing Deck, Plow and Cultivator | eBay

I'd buy it, but I just dropped 7K to have my 4010 fixed, bought a new-to-me Knight 716 manure spreader and a new-to-me John Deere FM 6 row 30 inch cultivator. If I brought another thing home, wife wouldn't throw me out, she'd KILL me!!!
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, BCS 735 w/ Acme diesel, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Caravaggi stump grinder, BCS 59" duplex mower, Pallidino 20" flail mower, Ravenna trailer, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

Deere B, 60, 4430 open station, 4430 SGB, and all the implements to work 'em

Silver Member
    Tractor
    BCS 605, 740, 850

Default Re: Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid?

That Swiss Gravely Rapid is still on ebay by the same guy. They don't seem to be selling well as I met a Gravely rep who said none of this dealers had ever bought one. I'd rather restore a Commercial model from the 1980s.

Any Gravely users have a Rapid and how to you like it?

Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

Default Re: Hey Gravely lovers - Wanna bid on a Gravely Rapid?

I think they look pretty cool - like something out of The Jetson's or a Dr Suess book. What boggles me is why they don't make them with reversible handles. Just from the picture, it looks like it'd only take a very little bit of engineering to do so. As Grillo, BCS, and Berta, (among many others) have proven, rear mount rotary plows and rear mount rototillers are more user-friendly than front mount.

Some day I'm gonna own a Gravely, it's just not high on my priority list. In fact I have even sold off some of my BCS equipment now that I'm farming full scale. I went from a BCS 38 inch mower to a Grasshopper 718 zero-turn. A hydro machine is sure nice for having the EXACT mowing speed you want, and I think the gravely would do very well as a walk-behind mower. Live PTO would be nice as well. Does this machine have live PTO?
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, BCS 735 w/ Acme diesel, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Caravaggi stump grinder, BCS 59" duplex mower, Pallidino 20" flail mower, Ravenna trailer, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

Deere B, 60, 4430 open station, 4430 SGB, and all the implements to work 'em

Platinum Member

Can you put grillo and bcs attachments on the new gravely's.

Th hydro is a nice feature, but 8 feel it prices them out of the market.

The looks (my least concern) are pretty cool.