BCS Rotavator / Tiller Gearbox rebuild problem

/ BCS Rotavator / Tiller Gearbox rebuild problem #1  

BCSDonnie

Tractor
BCS / Camon C5
Hi all, new here so go easy :D

I've got an older BCS machine marked as a Camon C5 and am trying to track down someone that can tell me either where to get a manual (tried online) or how to strip and rebuild the rotavator gearbox, I've already got it to a point where the shaft needs removing.

The reason Im doing this is that the seals are shot and it's leaking oil like a sieve :(

Any help would be massively appreciated.

This is it last year.

allotment002.jpg

/ BCS Rotavator / Tiller Gearbox rebuild problem
Brilliant!! You are an absolute star!

Genuinely pleased that someone's able to finally give me a model name and a manual where I shouldn't have to guess too much!

Thank you again.

/ BCS Rotavator / Tiller Gearbox rebuild problem
Another huge thanks for giving me the correct name as it changed the whole way I was searching and also managed to find this site Part Manuals which has a huge amount of manuals for all sorts including the 201.

I've found the oil seal sizes I need too and have ordered them from ebay over here so hopefully by next week I'll have it up and running :)

/ BCS Rotavator / Tiller Gearbox rebuild problem #5  
Can I say a big thanks for posting this manual as well. Can I ask another question as well please. I have just got the engine running beautifully but now the drive will not engage. I have tried adjusting the cables and whilst it worked for a while the problem got worse and worse until there was just a horrible sound coming from the thing as though it was grinding itself to try and engage but couldn't. Any ideas as to where to start looking. In my limited experience it would seem to be a clutch problem but as this machine doesn't seem to have a clutch I can't think in my head what I might be looking out for...Hope you can help

/ BCS Rotavator / Tiller Gearbox rebuild problem #6  
Remove the tiller and check to see that the 4-dog slider is traveling to the end of the PTO shaft. This is correct adjustment of the cable. If the slider cannot be adjusted to the end of the shaft the shoe or pin may be worn and need replacing. Sometimes reversing the shoe on the pin will give you more travel on the slider. If the dogs on the slider are badly rounded it may need to be replaced as well. Be sure the slider engagement mechanism is clean and packed with clean light grease. Never try engaging the PTO without the engine running and engage it quickly. As you noted there is no clutch. It is best if the tiller is engaged with the tines out of the ground then let in the ground when it is turning. If you still get a grinding noise the 4-dog coupling on the tiller may be damaged and need replacing. The dogs were square cut originally so if they are rounded this is damage caused by improper engagement. Don't be timid, engage the PTO lever quickly. These parts for the 201 are still available as BCS parts but they are getting a little expensive. I've sold several of the mentioned items this spring. Perhaps the parts are available in Europe for less. It is now over 22 years old. It is fun little tiller. Good luck.