BCS 715 Spline specs?

/ BCS 715 Spline specs? #1  

Trevj

Tractor
BCS, FE-35, Mitsubishi 2500, Gravely 524 project
Hey all,

I have a older 715 with a 8Hp electric only start Kohler on it.

Kicking around the idea of using it with a few other projects, as a hydraulic power source.

Are the splines a proprietary format, or a I like to find matching sections of spline shaft, or spline bushings available anywhere, that would be cheaper than hacking a PTO extension?

Currently, I have a tiller and a 30" sickle bar for it. The sickle bar is a little light, and I am in the process of getting an extension for it to get the balance back where it need be.

Been doing some plotting as to a wagon to pull around with it, possibly with a hydraulic dump bed, among others.

Anyhooo.... Anyone got a line on a decent source for spline parts?

Would I be better off to go straight to the new style fitment, with an adapter, and go from that to adapt to the PTO source?

Thanks!
Trev

/ BCS 715 Spline specs? #2  
Hi! I have a Grillo 107d The pto spline shaft is as 715-735 BCS. Spine shaft is DIN 5482 18x15 18 mm x 15 mm. Hard to find in America but easy in Europa. Personal I use Grillo fast hitch adapter. They have a spline shaft and a spline bushing. About $70. I adapt hydropump for logsplitter and Toro front end snowblower . Good Luck Oldmech

/ BCS 715 Spline specs?
Thanks Oldmech, that is just what I was after.

A Google search of the DIN spec and the size together, finds quite a few suppliers of sundry pats that may be adaptable.

Trev