Free Wheel Option for BCS

/ Free Wheel Option for BCS #11  
The change over to Del Morino happened early 2012. The Caravaggi models got unsatisfactory when the manufacture was moved from the main plant to one I believe was run by the son of the owner of the Caravaggi plant. The Del Morino unit looks for all practical purposes the same as the square hopper BIO 100. I've sold four of the DelMorino units which seem more solid. The chipper knives are the same on both makes.

I'm not fan of knives in the shredding chamber as most of my customers are grinding leaves and old plant material for compost. The knives on the BIO 80's I sold dulled up too quick where as the hammers in the BIO 100 last a lifetime if you rotate them.

I saw the BIO 150 and it is useless for short people or for someone who wants to feed in bushels of leaves. We live deep in the woods and chip or shred everything that comes down and isn't burned in the wood stove. I found sharpening the chipped knife by sharpening services ground off to much material so where the knife can only be sharpened 2 or maybe three time. Doing it by hand and watching what you are doing you can get about 6 sharpenings before the knife is too short. I just use a $50 grinder I got at Home Depot. I ain't rocket science!

/ Free Wheel Option for BCS #12  
I got the full story - Angelo Caravaggi had a falling out with his family and quit to go work for Del Morino. Ho took the BCS contract with him. No quality issues whatsoever on the Caravaggis. Problem is, Del Morino is now gonna jack the price on BCS, so Caravaggi may get the contract back. That is, if Earth Tools doesn't get exclusive rights for Caravaggi in the US... I'm absolutely amazed the Caravaggi has not sued Del Morino for blatantly ripping off Caravaggi's design and using the BIO-100 name...

The Bio-150 is not much different than the Bio-100 for loading. Frankly, neither of them are very user-friendly when it comes to loading leaves. The only reason the throats are so long is so someone (the LCD) doesn't put their arm in there. A smart user could cut down the throat to make it easier to load, as long as he knows to NEVER put his arm in the machine. The Bio-150 may be a touch taller, but it has a bigger throat and more blades. It also has a bigger flywheel that will store more energy. This allows the through-put of 175 cubic feet per hour versus the Bio-100's 140 cubic feet. It's a faster, more effective machine.

If you want to tell someone to sharpen their own blades with a cheap grinder, that's your business. I'm not gonna tell anyone to put a 100some dollar blade on a grinder wheel unless I'm sure they know what they're doing

/ Free Wheel Option for BCS #13  
Just a correction to the price of the BCS replacement blade which is sold by BCS for $79 as a kit including new bolts and locking nuts. Some of your statements are hearsay but it doesn't matter BCS is supplying an improved version of the BCS BIO 100 PTO chipper/shredder and including a spare knife with the attachment. The dealer price program held the 2012 prices for BIO100 for 2013 so we will have a good idea of what we can sell it for. Buying one now with the 10% rebate makes it a decent value.

/ Free Wheel Option for BCS #14  
I have a 722 with the Free Wheel Device along with 10" wheels and I just love them...I'll keep my wheels locked up while sickle bar mowing until I reach the end of the row then put the inside wheel in the ratchet setting and my 722 will turn on the dime, I then lock up that wheel and continue...takes less time than turning without the devices and it's easier on me and the handle bars of my tractor. I also found that the FWD also make mowing on a steep slope much easier.
That's all I got to say about that (Forest Gump).
Dave