BCS 737

/ BCS 737 #1  

farmersmall

Tractor
ford,pasquali,allis G, bcs, goldoni, ferrari
Before I recommend a Grillo tiller for a BCS 737 I want to make sure they are compatible. The 737 has the combo flat 3 dog with spline inside of it PTO. I believe it will work I just want to make darn sure before I recommend it. The Grillo should be a better tiller than the BCS as well or no. Thanks

Jim

/ BCS 737 #2  
My 737 has a splined PTO. It does NOT have a flat 3 dog PTO interface. My 737 serial number indicates it was made early in the production run. I cannot answer for 737 tractors made late in the production run.
Bill in NC

/ BCS 737 #3  
Hey Jim,

The 737 and 107 are similar, but not exactly the same. The biggest difference is the G107d's PTO turns the opposite direction in front mount mode. The Grillo will run any rear mount attachment the 737 will run, but it can only run the sickle mower in front mount mode. Many attachments are designed to be reversible (you can flip the gearbox on both the sweeper and the snowblower), but some (like the BCS mowers) are not.

I never thought of putting a flat face coupler on a Grillo, but i don't see why it couldn't be done. The PTO on the 737 and the 107d are very similar.

Grillo's tiller design is definitely superior to BCS's design in many ways - bolo tines versus straight tines; helical pattern versus straight pattern; easier-to-change tines versus the nightmare that is BCS's tine mounting (you can't even get the right tines for an older tiller from BCS); 6 width options in one tiller versus 2 options; slimmer, more robust gearbox versus the same gearbox BCS made since the 1980's, easier-to-change, more effective depth control versus BCS's two-hands-and-a-shoulder, less effective depth control; etc. All that AND it's considerably less expensive - $550 for a Grillo 17, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27 inch versus $650 for a BCS 20, 26 inch or $700 for a BCS 26, 30 inch tiller.

/ BCS 737 #4  
Does the flat 3 dog mate with the current Bcs 3 dog?

/ BCS 737
Yes they mate if you buy the adaptor from BCS. This makes the attachment about 3" further away from the tractor well maybe a little less than that. BCS does adapt almost everything they ever made to everything else they ever made all thru the years from the spline drive to the flat three dog to the newest domed three dog PTO.

Jim

/ BCS 737 #6  
The flat 3 dog is simply a heavier duty spline PTO with the dogs machined into them The spline tractors had their engagement levers outside the transmission case - you could see the PTO slide when you actuated the lever with an attachment off. Starting with the 710, 716, 720, 730, 830, 850s on up, the PTO engagement is internal - you can't see anything move when you move the lever. So no, the flat face PTO can not be directly attached and used.

Unless I'm mistaken, BCS does not have a flat face three dog adapter. If you have a flat face mower or other attachment, you need to buy the piece that goes in the attachment and replace it.

/ BCS 737
You may be right Bill. The one I have may be old stock. It is spline on one end and flat three dog on the other.