Ignition switch

/ Ignition switch #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
I have a BCS 725 with the Kolher 8hp Mag engine, electric start. The ignition switch is going bad, just wearing out. It has the 5 blade socket with a separate blade for a ground. I have found that all 5 bladed small engine switches are not wired the same. So , where can I get the correct switch or do I just need to change the connectors to just match the switches I can find? Memory is foggy, but I think I asked Joel last year and he did not have one, but it might have been something else.

/ Ignition switch #2  
Years ago I got a switch from Kohler as this is an engine part on the Magnum 8 engines. Every electric start Magnum 8 engine I sold I also equipped it with a backup recoil starter. These are not standard on these Kohler engine but the upgrade kit is readily available from Kohler as part number 41 755 26. They sell for about $100. The charging circuit on the Magnum 8 used by BCS was so low in output that it didn't keep the battery charged in the winter. These are easy starting engines.