Just got a USED BCS 732

/ Just got a USED BCS 732 #1  

grantwallaceco

Tractor
BCS 732
4ACtzVx.jpg

It is awesome, got it with the brush mower for just above $1000 after TAX. I got it from Theros Equipment Rentals in Virginia, after lurking in these forums and someone mentioned them.

I am trying to figure out how to get it into reverse though. The red lever on the right handlebar does not change anything that I can figure. Although the guy at Theros did have it in Reverse right before I hauled it home to Georgia.

I have only had a few minutes with the machine, but want to get it figured out asap! Thanks guys!

/ Just got a USED BCS 732 #2  
Congrats. Was that the Theros on route 29? Did you drive up just to pick up the unit?

/ Just got a USED BCS 732 #3  
The red lever on the right is your reverse. Is the cable ok?

/ Just got a USED BCS 732
Congrats. Was that the Theros on route 29? Did you drive up just to pick up the unit?

Yep, the one in Sterling VA. I drove about 10 hours each way just to pick up this unit. Could not pass on this deal because I have been looking for a used 732 for a few months.

The red lever on the right is your reverse. Is the cable ok?

Where does the lever need to be for it to go in reverse? It only locks into position when it is tucked in on top of the handle bar, if I try to lock it in the forward, it does not stay. The cable seems OK, the rental place I bought it from had it in reverse right before I left. What should I look for on the cable? Thanks !!

/ Just got a USED BCS 732 #6  
Where does the lever need to be for it to go in reverse? It only locks into position when it is tucked in on top of the handle bar, if I try to lock it in the forward, it does not stay. The cable seems OK, the rental place I bought it from had it in reverse right before I left. What should I look for on the cable? Thanks !!

Off the top of my head I think flipping it forward is reverse....of course that is all relative to what implement you have on.

Irregardless, it shoul flip from forward to reverse position. There is a positive "flip" action when you do it, if yours does not have tension in those two positions something is wrong.
Hope that was clear as mud!

It could also be that not all gears work in both forward and reverse. put it in 1st and try that.

Off the top of my head I think flipping it forward is reverse....of course that is all relative to what implement you have on.

Irregardless, it shoul flip from forward to reverse position. There is a positive "flip" action when you do it, if yours does not have tension in those two positions something is wrong.
Hope that was clear as mud!

It could also be that not all gears work in both forward and reverse. put it in 1st and try that.

I was out messing with it this morning. When i put it in third gear it rears back in reverse quite fast. I did not change the red lever though and when i go back up to 2 and 1 it goes forward. Gonna mess around with it some more.

/ Just got a USED BCS 732 #8  
The 732 does not have reverse in transport gear It will come at you fast if you reverse it in that gear, as you discovered. Do you hear grinding after you flip the lever and engage the clutch? If so, adjust the cable sleeve length. There's an adjustment at the end of the cable just in front of the lever on the handlebars. Turn it out.

The 732 does not have reverse in transport gear It will come at you fast if you reverse it in that gear, as you discovered. Do you hear grinding after you flip the lever and engage the clutch? If so, adjust the cable sleeve length. There's an adjustment at the end of the cable just in front of the lever on the handlebars. Turn it out.

u0yvS0l.jpg

There is a picture of my lever and the adjustment set. If I screw it all the way out like this it will kind of stay there, but does not affect anything when I took off the clutch and put it to gear. It still only goes forward regardless if I place it forward or leave it in the middle which is as far as it will go back with the nut like this.

I followed the cable down to the transmission and am wondering if there is a way to manually move it into reverse from there? Just to test it out.

Another question: How do you turn it from mower to tractor? Which handlebar has the column control?

Here is a picture of left handle bar
NEBDCpv.jpg

Thank you!!

I was searching around the forums a bit and found where farmerboybill, you were saying you had several stuck handlebars that did not rotate. I think mine is like that too, I sprayed a bit of w-40 today but did not budge much. Gonna try some more tomorrow.