Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Tractor
    BCS 732

    Default Just got a USED BCS 732

    -4actzvx-jpg

    It is awesome, got it with the brush mower for just above $1000 after TAX. I got it from Theros Equipment Rentals in Virginia, after lurking in these forums and someone mentioned them.

    I am trying to figure out how to get it into reverse though. The red lever on the right handlebar does not change anything that I can figure. Although the guy at Theros did have it in Reverse right before I hauled it home to Georgia.

    I have only had a few minutes with the machine, but want to get it figured out asap! Thanks guys!

  2. #2
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Congrats. Was that the Theros on route 29? Did you drive up just to pick up the unit?

  3. #3
    Platinum Member Buckgnarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    528
    Location
    West topsham VT
    Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    The red lever on the right is your reverse. Is the cable ok?

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Tractor
    BCS 732

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberXX View Post
    Congrats. Was that the Theros on route 29? Did you drive up just to pick up the unit?
    Yep, the one in Sterling VA. I drove about 10 hours each way just to pick up this unit. Could not pass on this deal because I have been looking for a used 732 for a few months.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Tractor
    BCS 732

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckgnarly View Post
    The red lever on the right is your reverse. Is the cable ok?
    Where does the lever need to be for it to go in reverse? It only locks into position when it is tucked in on top of the handle bar, if I try to lock it in the forward, it does not stay. The cable seems OK, the rental place I bought it from had it in reverse right before I left. What should I look for on the cable? Thanks !!

  6. #6
    Platinum Member Buckgnarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    528
    Location
    West topsham VT
    Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    Quote Originally Posted by grantwallaceco View Post
    Where does the lever need to be for it to go in reverse? It only locks into position when it is tucked in on top of the handle bar, if I try to lock it in the forward, it does not stay. The cable seems OK, the rental place I bought it from had it in reverse right before I left. What should I look for on the cable? Thanks !!
    Off the top of my head I think flipping it forward is reverse....of course that is all relative to what implement you have on.

    Irregardless, it shoul flip from forward to reverse position. There is a positive "flip" action when you do it, if yours does not have tension in those two positions something is wrong.
    Hope that was clear as mud!


    It could also be that not all gears work in both forward and reverse. put it in 1st and try that.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Tractor
    BCS 732

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckgnarly View Post
    Off the top of my head I think flipping it forward is reverse....of course that is all relative to what implement you have on.

    Irregardless, it shoul flip from forward to reverse position. There is a positive "flip" action when you do it, if yours does not have tension in those two positions something is wrong.
    Hope that was clear as mud!


    It could also be that not all gears work in both forward and reverse. put it in 1st and try that.
    I was out messing with it this morning. When i put it in third gear it rears back in reverse quite fast. I did not change the red lever though and when i go back up to 2 and 1 it goes forward. Gonna mess around with it some more.

  8. #8
    Platinum Member farmerboybill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    615
    Location
    Southwestern Wisconsin
    Tractor
    BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    The 732 does not have reverse in transport gear It will come at you fast if you reverse it in that gear, as you discovered. Do you hear grinding after you flip the lever and engage the clutch? If so, adjust the cable sleeve length. There's an adjustment at the end of the cable just in front of the lever on the handlebars. Turn it out.
    BCS 850 w/ Kohler Diesel, 30" tiller, Berta double rotary plow, 18 inch combined ridger, Caravaggi BIO90 chipper, Bellon 32"rough cut mower, Del Morino 26 inch rough cut mower, trencher, 2 way plow, ridger,

    Deere 60, 2040, 3020, 4010, 4430, and all the implements to work 'em

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Tractor
    BCS 732

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    Quote Originally Posted by farmerboybill View Post
    The 732 does not have reverse in transport gear It will come at you fast if you reverse it in that gear, as you discovered. Do you hear grinding after you flip the lever and engage the clutch? If so, adjust the cable sleeve length. There's an adjustment at the end of the cable just in front of the lever on the handlebars. Turn it out.
    -u0yvs0l-jpg

    There is a picture of my lever and the adjustment set. If I screw it all the way out like this it will kind of stay there, but does not affect anything when I took off the clutch and put it to gear. It still only goes forward regardless if I place it forward or leave it in the middle which is as far as it will go back with the nut like this.

    I followed the cable down to the transmission and am wondering if there is a way to manually move it into reverse from there? Just to test it out.

    Another question: How do you turn it from mower to tractor? Which handlebar has the column control?

    Here is a picture of left handle bar
    -nebdcpv-jpg

    Thank you!!

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    13
    Location
    Conyers, GA
    Tractor
    BCS 732

    Default Re: Just got a USED BCS 732

    I was searching around the forums a bit and found where farmerboybill, you were saying you had several stuck handlebars that did not rotate. I think mine is like that too, I sprayed a bit of w-40 today but did not budge much. Gonna try some more tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BCS Owner's Manual - BCS 722
    By LET-CA in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM
  2. BCS 725 - How does it compare to BCS 722 and BCS 735
    By multimiler in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 04:04 PM
  3. Looking for a BCS
    By farm23 in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
  4. looking for a BCS
    By farm23 in forum 2-Wheeled Tractors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 08:47 PM
  5. Snow Attachments BCS snow blower and BCS lawnmower performance??
    By MikeB2005 in forum Snow Removal
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.