Tiller pto grease seal

/ Tiller pto grease seal #1  

Bentleg

Bronze Member
Tractor
BCS 710
I need to replace the grease seal at the PTO of my 18" tiller box. I bought my 710 with this tiller in 1995. It's a tapered 3 dog. Will this be harder than it looks on the parts breakdown?

/ Tiller pto grease seal #2  
From my experience yes. I have an extra tiller box that I still haven't gotten the pto shaft out of. The outer bearing were not that big a problem but the shaft requires the back plate be taken off and then it is pushed out. Farmer boy Bill may chime in here as he is the real expert on these tillers. You might try to search for his earlier comments on tillers. Thanks

Jim

/ Tiller pto grease seal #3  
You got a picture of the parts breakdown?

/ Tiller pto grease seal #5  
Hey Bentleg,

Sorry, but I'm not gonna be of much help. I've only ever had to replace the seals on the tiller tine shaft.

/ Tiller pto grease seal
Turned out to be very easy. One 10mm bolt, 3-dog slides off, pry out old seal, new seal and back together.

/ Tiller pto grease seal #7  
Thanks for the post back on what you did. It's nice to know the seal is easily accessed versus having to go into the gearbox.

/ Tiller pto grease seal #8  
Been hovering here for awhile this post might be a close as I can get. On the subject of a Pasquali rototiller No. 337 (Tipo 690/01).

I have no operators manual, so here goes....

This tiller is a 60" unit. Runs good no problems yet, knock on wood. My question is how are the bearings at each end of the main shaft( the one that turns and has the knives/shoes are attached to. Gear box has fill cap tha states to use 85/140 gear lube.

Looks as though the gear lube may circulate around the shaft which drives an enclosed cover over I would guess to be the drive chain which drives the main shaft. Looking at this setup would the lube lubricate the enclosed bearings at each end of the shaft?

Am I correct to say if everything is running good with no leaks, don't screw with it?

Any info on this unit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and think Spring!!!
Lebby