Back from the MOSES conference.

/ Back from the MOSES conference. #1  

farmerboybill

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 850 diesel and 735 diesel
Hey all,

I just got back from another very intense show at the MOSES Organic Conference in La Crosse, WI. Over 3000 participants attended - all with a strong interest in locally, sustainably grown organic food. Many participants have market gardens and small flocks and herds to provide food for CSAs, farmer's markets, restaurants, food co-ops, and pantries. Many were also in larger production agriculture and had hundreds or thousands of acres of organic crops or larger dairy herds and chicken flocks to sell wholesale to processors and supermarkets, including Whole Foods and Trader Joes. It's a large, energetic crowd of people who know how to work and what they need to work efficiently.

Our booth had lots of people stop by. Many bought the high quality hand tools Joel offers. We sold out of several, including SHW brush axes, DeWitt hoes, Gullen Forge Broadforks. Seems the more we bring, the more they want! These people appreciate a good quality tool and know one when they see it.

Many were also interested in the Grillo tractors and Grillo, Berta, R2, Tortella, Aldo Biagioli, Jang, and Earth Tools attachments I had on display. Plenty were drawn to the round bale made by a CAEB baler I had there as well. It was baled by a Eric, a friend of mine in Boscobel, WI that I have mentioned and pictured baling here before.

Good news for the New Yorkers on here. I met a fellow from New York who's very interested in becoming a Grillo dealer. He spent a lot of time talking with Joel and I about them. I'm sure John from BCS SHOP will appreciate a little friendly competition from a Grillo dealer about 4 hours of Harvard.

BTW, my wife didn't appreciate what I bought her - a lung scraper! Anyone who's butchered a chicken knows how much of a PITA it is to get the lungs out. I never saw on until I walked the rest of the booths. Really, it's for me. She can't stand to eviscerate a hen and I get that unsavory task...

I am exhausted, but at the same time energized from being with them for three days. If any of you were there, thanks for making it a good show.

/ Back from the MOSES conference. #2  
Hey Bill,

Glad you survived the MOSES conference. I know you've invited me (or your equipment) to the conference in the past. I overheard a couple of farmers at one of our Oregon farmer gatherings talking about the conference. When I visited Joel's I couldn't help but buy a wheelbarrow and a beautiful lawn rake. I'm looking forward to another good farming year.

Jim

/ Back from the MOSES conference.
Hey Jim,

You sure would have been welcome. It's considered one of the largest conferences of its kind in the US. Oregon and Washington were represented there - talked with a fellow from Bellingham WA. There's always next year. While there, we could swap your two way plow for my Roll-O-Matic...