Hello ! New Guy

/ Hello ! New Guy #1  

Bob Vetter

Tractor
Two Wheel
Wanted to say hello and that I am new to this forum and two wheeled tractors.

I wanted to find out if anyone has info or pictures of 2-4 row corn planters or similar contraptions for there two wheel tractors.

Also trying to decided on which BCS or Grillo to get been looking at the 853 and 107d

Planning on working a 1/2 acre garden, 1/2 of lawn mowing and snow plowing. Hoping to use it for remote food plots as well. Hoping a will pick up a few mowing/tilling jobs as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Bob

/ Hello ! New Guy #3  
:welcome: to TBN

/ Hello ! New Guy #4  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Hello ! New Guy #6  
Hey Bob,

Welcome to the group. Hopefully we can provide the entertainment you are seeking.

The 107d is a good machine for about $2800 and is slightly smaller than the $3900 853. Both are good all-around machines. Both have a transport speed on "tiller" mode to get you to remote locations at a faster speed at lower RPMs. Both have a good third working speed (3.3 mph for the 107d and 2.7 mph for the 853 with stock tires) for mowing on any scale. Either one will suit your needs of gardening, mowing, and snow removal. It just depends on how big of attachments you want to do it with.

The only planter I know of is a 3 to 6 row Jang gang Seeder modified to pull behind a two wheel tractor. $1100 and $2200 respectively. These are more suited for planting beds of greens, but plates can be bought to put in corn. You'd just have to leave the 4 hoppers in the middle empty and run the two outside hoppers at 24 inches apart.

/ Hello ! New Guy
WOW ! Thanks for the welcome. Yeah saw those seeders. Quite pricey for what they are. Guess I would just use single earthway seeder still.

Can the tool bar from Earthtools be modified to make other implements work?

/ Hello ! New Guy #8  
Hey Bob,

The toolbars are very adaptable to do about anything you want them to do if you have a little fabrication skill.

I have seen earthways modified to pull behind a garden tractor and I'm sure it wouldn't take much to do so behind a two-wheel tractor, but they're very light. The toolbar would have to be weighted considerably to balance the engine. I have an earthway seeder and am not too excited about it. You need to have a lot of seed in the unit in order for it to work at all. I think they should tilt the plate 15 to 30 degrees so that it more positively feeds.

Plow Hoss just came out with a new seeder to run behind their push wheel hoes. They'll bolt directly to a Plow Hoss and I think they'll also bolt to a Plant jr hoe. I've never used one, but I'd be more inclined to modify their design versus an earthway. You'd still have the weight issue, but the seeder might be more useable versus the earthway.

Hoss Seeder | Hoss Tools

/ Hello ! New Guy #10  
Welcome to TBN!